SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

What would be costs on something like this? Would we supply you a turbo? Very interested in this idea as im chasing more response as a pose to power out of my 25 :laugh:

In regarding to GTR turbos we can currently high flow them to 350HP using factory housings, Response felt like the N1 turbos on road. I haven't had any one supplying dyno sheets on those yet. I'm happy to offer a 30% discount on those GTR high flows for some one whom can supply a dyno result at their peek capacity. Has to be in Melbourne.

Been doing abit of thinking also, If we are going to engineer a turbo for GTR it would be a large single turbo with twin entry turbine housing engineered to bolton to factory manifolds and customized twin dump pattern for stock dump pipes. I will need to get a car to engineer that. probably be starting in the 2nd half of the year.

Also the SS profile its some thing engineered for RB20dets, they run ATR28G1 or G2 chra with .60 comp and .64 rear similar to the 2530s. I'm currently doing some drawings for an external gate plumb back setup, will have some photos shortly.

Little update for the SS profile:

atr43g2front.JPG

atr43g2rear.JPG

Above is running a Duel ceramic ball bearing cartridge with light weight billet 71mm comp wheel in .63 rear and .60 comp. I've modified the blow angle inside the turbine housing which might work better or might not. I will explain the concepts in it if it can prove better result then traditional.

Be installing it tonight and uploading a proper DIY guide.

The turbo’s installed. Here are some DIY information, I've divided it into 9 steps, I will post them at the DIY section. you can check them out on:

DIY, Click Here

I’ve set it to run on 15psi, Its very noticeably more responsive with blow angle modification done. I haven’t driven it hard yet, its making positive boost on from 2500RPMs 2nd gear and pulls hard to 7000RPMs. The power delivery was smooth like factory turbo. Its very quick from 0 ~ 120KM. Will get it tuned and post some results coming week.

sounds like my gcg rb20 highflow job, ~240kw on 18psi and that is with it dropping back to 15psi, full boost is by 3000 in the lower gears and it spools at 2k with light throttle like a stock turbo, don't think I'd have it any other way.

In regarding to GTR turbos we can currently high flow them to 350HP using factory housings, Response felt like the N1 turbos on road. I haven't had any one supplying dyno sheets on those yet. I'm happy to offer a 30% discount on those GTR high flows for some one whom can supply a dyno result at their peek capacity. Has to be in Melbourne.

Been doing abit of thinking also, If we are going to engineer a turbo for GTR it would be a large single turbo with twin entry turbine housing engineered to bolton to factory manifolds and customized twin dump pattern for stock dump pipes. I will need to get a car to engineer that. probably be starting in the 2nd half of the year.

Also the SS profile its some thing engineered for RB20dets, they run ATR28G1 or G2 chra with .60 comp and .64 rear similar to the 2530s. I'm currently doing some drawings for an external gate plumb back setup, will have some photos shortly.

Id be interested in these but i am in sydney tho.

Well with this SS prototype profile I'm expecting it to make an street friendly 260rwkws. I might be able to squeeze out 300rwkws+ since the billet comp wheel we've machined has larger blade area then the casted 71mm wheel. How ever by altering the blow direction for faster shaft speed also picksup heat. We see how it goes.

Mill-180: I would be expecting your car's got all the fuel mods, ECU, cooler, free flow exhaust and hard metal intake pipes. I will refund you 30% of the high flow cost after have your dyno results received. I'm expecting them to make around the 320awkws mark.

Mill-180: I would be expecting your car's got all the fuel mods, ECU, cooler, free flow exhaust and hard metal intake pipes. I will refund you 30% of the high flow cost after have your dyno results received. I'm expecting them to make around the 320awkws mark.

Hi, yes I've got all supporting mods but it's on a built rb25 not a rb26.