SAU Community

Good Tow Cars?

Merli

Pretty sure the tow capacity is quite a bit lower for a manual Falcon - the auto is up to 2300kg braked (with the 2300kg towbar fitted) & I think the manual is limited to either 1200 or 1600kg.

Yeah I would have to say that heading up the big hill coming out of the gong is a struggle for any car.

Up mooney mooney I can sit on 100 if I really want to but I usually do about 80 to 90 up the hill.

got to love the falcon

I'm talking all the hills on the F6 from Wollongong to Sydney, not just climbing Mt Ousley.

on the BA manual, beware of redbook, not all of its figures are accurate. From memory when i was researching all manual ba-fg xr6t had a 1600kg towing limit. Clutch and box don't like the strain.

also, i much prefer the having a lot heavier tow vehicle, just imagine what its like pulling up a 2.3t trailer with a 1.5t car when the trailer brakes fail.

or even worse even if you're halfway around a bend and you need to slam the brakes, chances are bad enough of jack knifing with a 4WD, youre nearly guaranteed it in something like a falcon or commodore.

• 11 months later...

4wd all the way

if your trailers and car are close to your tow limit just add fuel and tools and your well over

not worth the risk

Sorry to bring back an old thread but i couldnt help but think how funny fatz is talking about safety. If i remember fatz car trailer was the thing of ledgend for being so damn dangerous even the tyre rack fell off one time and i had to weld it back up.

Mmmm death trailer was the reason I got my first 4wd

As a upthedatefor this thread

Q7 approaching 200k on the clock

Still tows like a mofo..loves 3 tonne out the back

Do recommend and for the f**kers above I think you can pick one up for 20k now

I must say I have been eying off a few v12 q7s as a upgrade recently

Why not the V10 Toureg, and pocket the massive difference in change? I've driven one of those towing a big arse trailer. Was like nothing was attached to it.

Excuse ignorance, but much difference between them?

Why not the V10 Toureg, and pocket the massive difference in change? I've driven one of those towing a big arse trailer. Was like nothing was attached to it.

Excuse ignorance, but much difference between them?

v12 has 500hp

v12 has 500hp

Have owned QE7 and TOUAREG V10, both very capable, V10 noise under load like rolling thunder, main difference besides size is that if you venture off road into slippery stuff , the VW will be pulling out its sister. Haven't driven V12 so cannot comment.

For under 20K I love my 4.2Turbo Diesel Cruiser. 2000 model.

Not quite as quick as Fatz pram, but if you do go off road it goes pretty darn well :P

So well that I sold the car trailer I bought to tow it so I can 4WD more instead :P