SAU Community

R34 Led Bootlid Brake Light?

I saw a white GTR with the nismo leds today ..looked awesome but I could never justify paying $1k more than the eastbear copie, atleast not for a GTT.

trust me, when you have them on your car, it justifies itself lol.

Yeah this is what the inserts looked like, they're a SMD array, the camera isn't showing it (as it's too bright for it) but its like a load of perfect circles of light, looks really good....shame I can't crack the reverse lights open :)

The boot light may be made like this though, with 20 SMD's.....even though the hi-flux type I just made and fitted is brighter than stock :S

P250809_185402.jpg

P250809_185401.jpg

can't take the reverse lights off the bar at all ? Strange .. you'd think they would be no harder than any of the other crap as those bulbs need to be changed once in a while if they blow..Maybe it's some weird slide system like the blinkers ?? I'll give mine a crack when I get a chance

can't take the reverse lights off the bar at all ? Strange .. you'd think they would be no harder than any of the other crap as those bulbs need to be changed once in a while if they blow..Maybe it's some weird slide system like the blinkers ?? I'll give mine a crack when I get a chance

Nah the light comes off in seconds, but the lens won't come off the housing, so you can only fit a normal T10 in there not a super awesome panel of LEDs like in the brake light.

Ahh...bummer. Cut and plastic weld it? :P

How much power do those smd panels consume anyway? Wouldn't be fun if you had a 'brown out' when reversing due to all power going to the reverse lighth heh

oh they look sick dan!

try putting it in the oven to soften up the silicone and use a stanley or blade to splice it apart (same process as headlights)

theres a guy on skyline owners club who made his own Led taillights,turn signals & reverise light and they look fken awesome!!!!!!!!

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

315.jpg

Newindicator.jpg

now ifonly someone as dedicated as him would make one for R34 GTT/GTR lol

Ahh...bummer. Cut and plastic weld it? :P

How much power do those smd panels consume anyway? Wouldn't be fun if you had a 'brown out' when reversing due to all power going to the reverse lighth heh

A diamond blade on the angle grinder and then silicone would work :) I've got an R32 reverse light here that's pretty much the same construction....I need a spare set to cut up to test :P

You'd be surprised that panel doesn't use much power at all, it's under 3W from memory, but damn bright due to efficiancy.

I replaced all of my interior lights with high-output SMD's....if you accidentally leave a light on; the car still starts the next day as next to no power has been sapped from the battery!!!

I may look into the R33's if the housings are easier to pull open, then I can make up customs sized LED boards (like those pictured) I've got access to a couple of test R33's luckily.

• 4 weeks later...

OK here is a quick look at the prototype R34 boot brake lights, they come with a few adapter options as well in case they suit other locations. Also something handy, you can cut them to any length.

Just deciding on the LED type to go with, screw holes will be added to allow easy fitting

boot.jpg

Nah the light comes off in seconds, but the lens won't come off the housing, so you can only fit a normal T10 in there not a super awesome panel of LEDs like in the brake light.

My mate got the reverse lights apart on my 34. I've got some nice bright LED's in there. LUXEON ones I think. :D

My mate said to:

heat them up with a heat gun and gently pry them apart or

if no heat gun preheat oven to 90degC, switch off, put lights in oven on news paper for ~5 minutes to heat them up and then pry apart.

hey dan,

they looking good.. got an expected release date or just running some tests? would be good if you can figure out how to get the reverse light apart gl

Should literally have a decision within 10mins of getting the 3 of them Monday :thumbsup: Should have been Friday but my wallet vanished during the day and I had no ID to accept the delivery with Grrrrrr!!!!!

I'll have one spare immediately (prototype) but the first run of them will be 2-3 weeks away, with fairly constant supply from then on (lots of interest from the UK etc etc)

I'm going to have a crack at the reverse light to see if it's feasable to do, don't mind getting few sets made up for SAU, but the fact it may need some oven action kinda puts a damper on it being a commercial item though.