SAU Community

Just Jap Manifolds Vs Japanese Made Brands

6Boost mate, Australian made, about 1200bucks, Or ebay china made, 250bucks..... Its your call, sometimes u jag it and ull get a good one, sometimes you'll get a crap one, but so far i no 3 people that have gone down the povo road and had no probs, only on was for a rb26.

My mates 419kw was with a T04Z too, 1.0rear.

if it was me and it was goin on my gtr... to tell you the truth id be goin the 6boost haha even no i said what i said before, for my gtr only the best.

but the 419awkw and its still doing it now for the past 3years dose make a dam good point.

Edited by Deano 1

But thats exactly it.

When spend 15k on everything to support the T04Z, and then get a cheap china piece of shit for $350 to "complement" the setup.

A good hard big build requires a decent designed and setup manifold with decent merge collector design and so on IMO.

There would be signifigant gains swapping from a cheap one to a decent purpose/performance designed one at power levels over 400rwkw etc.

For your average 300rwkw setup, those manifolds probably are not all that bad, but the more performance you require, sometimes you just cant cut corners

Yeah, but how much would he have (and how much more responsive would it be) with a decent one?

From what i have read the problem isnt the flow, its the fact that made out of thinner lesser quality stainless, with high heat and pressure they crack and warp.

TBH we are making 860bhp and shooting for 900bhp+ with a china manifold... who knows how long it's going to last?

However... If you buy one, to make it work/last you usually have to machine the flanges flat, grind the dodgy welding dags out and re-weld some of the joints... If you don't have the gear, it gets expensive.

So you might as well buy a decent manifold to begin with.

J.

My stainless 2mm mani lasted 12 months or 4 track days before it cracked, got a steam pipe one now.

The extra money for a better mani is worth it when you have to replace the crap one every year.

Thicker pipe and coated the gases stay hotter and make the turbs more efficient.

• 1 month later...