SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

24 minutes ago, SimonR32 said:

Direct back to back change... Same boost, 30psi

6870 made even more power with extra boost while the 9180 was all out

Yeah not too surprised that the EFR9180 was out, I would 100% expect the 6870 to outflow it - and by a bit of a margin.   The boost threshold however is a definite surprise.   Interesting how some results can vary!   Hard to know what to make of it.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:27 PM, SimonR32 said:

The precision is the ones that comes on way earlier and makes more power...

I'd like to see the transient response make up for that deficit 

Which rear housing was on the efr?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, 

Bit of an update from late last year. 

Precision 6062, built s1 rb25det, e85 etc

Got it tuned last year and it made 431kw @26psi apparently the turbo was maxed out. Dyno dynamics roller dyno. 

I decided to change the wastegate springs from 14psi to 21psi, fixed a boost leak i found underneath the intake manifold ( idle control- cold start valve area ), hpi evolve radiator and decided to run a viscious fan again.  Might have been a few other minor changes. 

We stopped at 29psi as we were a little worried about the arp 2000 headstuds not handling much more. Turbo seemed to be still going and I think we could have gotten a bit more out of it if the headstuds weren't a limiting factor. 

This is on a mainline hub dyno so it is 710hp at the hubs. Still quite happy with the result and I'm sure the 6062 could keep pumping. I attached a video of the run, hopefully it works. 

We used Real Dyno hub dyno and Brad Sheriff from Boost Automotive Tasmania tuned the car. 

20190515_163330.jpg

• Like 2

Turbo sold 

gonna try a 7275 with either 0.98 divided rear or stay with another 1.12 

anyone used this turbo before or seen or seen any results ?

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, SiR_RB said:

Anyone seen any results on precision’s new-ish 6875 turbo ?

Nope haven't seen anything. I'm trying a 7275 this week and will compare to my old 6870.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, reaper said:

Nope haven't seen anything. I'm trying a 7275 this week and will compare to my old 6870.

What was the 6870 like? I know I could search this post but who the hell knows how far back I may need to go to find a post....

I have a 6766 with a 1.0 rear and I don't know if the lack of driving but its started blowing blue smoke the other day. highly unlikely to be the  engine so it might be time to up the turbo a little

6870 was nice and responsive but fell over hard after about 7k. This is on a 3.2 with vcam.

Hoping the 7275 lets it breath a little better

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reaper said:

6870 was nice and responsive but fell over hard after about 7k. This is on a 3.2 with vcam.

Hoping the 7275 lets it breath a little better

Be sure to keep us posted 

4 hours ago, feedmyfast said:

Hi Guys,

sorry it has been so long. here are the results from my 6466 @40psi. The car is a different animal now, had to get some drag radials to put down the power.

Loca Dyno - 873.jpg

What's the rest of your engine setup?
I also have a 6466 to go on mine.

24 minutes ago, iTzTMG said:

What's the rest of your engine setup?
I also have a 6466 to go on mine.

S1 RB25, Kelford 270 cams, supertech valve train (stock sized), CP pistons (stock bore and compression), Manley rods, balanced crank/ block. Otaku manifold, ID2000s

• Like 2

6 hours ago, feedmyfast said:

Hi Guys,

sorry it has been so long. here are the results from my 6466 @40psi. The car is a different animal now, had to get some drag radials to put down the power.

Loca Dyno - 873.jpg

Have you raced it? what mph did it run if you have?

Edited by ido09s

6 hours ago, feedmyfast said:

Hi Guys,

Ha! That is ridiculous, nice work!  That's gotta be one of the more stout RB25 setups out there, being SAU people will probably make dyno comments but realistically - an RB25 with 270deg cams and 40psi pumped through it on E85 is going to make some serious power :)

What is the spool like?  There is no rpm scale on the dyno plot (NFI why people print plots like that), so a bit hard to tell.   Be very interesting to see how it goes at the strip, hope you have a decent trans! :D

4 hours ago, Lithium said:

Ha! That is ridiculous, nice work!  That's gotta be one of the more stout RB25 setups out there, being SAU people will probably make dyno comments but realistically - an RB25 with 270deg cams and 40psi pumped through it on E85 is going to make some serious power :)

What is the spool like?  There is no rpm scale on the dyno plot (NFI why people print plots like that), so a bit hard to tell.   Be very interesting to see how it goes at the strip, hope you have a decent trans! :D

Also very curious to know what the spool is like! Looks like it would be an absolute weapon, good job!

9 hours ago, feedmyfast said:

S1 RB25, Kelford 270 cams, supertech valve train (stock sized), CP pistons (stock bore and compression), Manley rods, balanced crank/ block. Otaku manifold, ID2000s

What turbine housing size - also single/split pulse + gate setup?

Perhaps drop something into the RB25 dyno results page

Strong result.