SAU Community

This Is The New Recipe Chat Thread...

Houdini

Pics of my work for this week.

Shows the Autometer boost gauge I put in Tuesday night and the Turbosmart Dual Stage boost controller missile switch inside the Stagea & the controller itself in the engine bay. On low boost it is set all the way anti-clockwise, hitting 9 psi. On high boost, just under 14 psi. Turbo is factory, so I don't want to go much higher than 14 psi anyway.

I took the Stagea for a road test this afternoon with the new setup up from home at Enoggera to Samford & return. It was fun to say the least. ;)

Now to give the Stagea a wash & polish tomorrow before maybe another hill run. :P

whats your avatar?

iHanso is my PSN id.

post-51740-1275723114_thumb.jpg

post-51740-1275723223_thumb.jpg

post-51740-1275723302_thumb.jpg

Finally found and fitted a limited slip diff for a series one stagea.

To celerbrate went to a historic racing event at Brooklands

After a bit (well a lot actually ) of chatting up one of the marshalls :thumbsup: and yes it was a her . I was allowed to drive onto one of the no go areas and take this pic

STAGEA1.jpg

Currently being blown up for my lounge wall

Finally found and fitted a limited slip diff for a series one stagea.

To celerbrate went to a historic racing event at Brooklands

After a bit (well a lot actually ) of chatting up one of the marshalls :thumbsup: and yes it was a her . I was allowed to drive onto one of the no go areas and take this pic

STAGEA1.jpg

Currently being blown up for my lounge wall

Was that an optional Nissan viscous lsd or an aftermarket other brand?

finally got a shift kit installed :cool: car goes 100 times better now. it was the only thing still holding me up, so now its time to crank the boost up and see how close i can get to the 300awkw mark.

Just picked up an rb30 short motor from an r31, for free off another awesome forum member.

WooHoo! Project RB30DET in C34-R and Project RB30DE in R31 Skyline wagon both soon to begin!

Group buy dump pipe, high flow cat & 3 inch exhaust through to first muffler being fitted today.

Going to see what benefit I get out of this before finishing the rest.

I pulled the orange indicator lens and the yellow fog light lensa out of the lights in my front bar. Looks heaps better!

i did that a few weeks ago, did you take out the metal bulb cover from the drivers side one?

it even unscrewed, no need to smash anything unlike what i'd heard

COILOVERS IN LAST NIGHT!!! >.< no more standard suspension! the car doesn't feel like a boat in the ocean any more :P

something interesting to note, all the bumb stops were totally screwed. half of one of them was wedged in the bottom coil of the spring, so i checked the rest of them and with 2, as soon as i lifted the dustcover, they fell out in pieces. with the other one, the bump stop wasn't even there anymore...

8kg front, 6 kg rear, dampner is on half way and it's probably a little too hard for our SHITHOUSE roads.

i used to whinge about roads in qld (especially brisbane city and the northside) but holy crap, adelaide has some absolutely disgusting roads. WHY THE HELL AREN'T THE MANHOLE COVERS, FLUSH WITH THE ROAD FFS?! i'm sure every other place in the WORLD can manage this, yet adelaide can't?

finally got a shift kit installed :P car goes 100 times better now. it was the only thing still holding me up, so now its time to crank the boost up and see how close i can get to the 300awkw mark.

YEW!!! where'd you have it done man?

COILOVERS IN LAST NIGHT!!! >.< no more standard suspension! the car doesn't feel like a boat in the ocean any more :P

something interesting to note, all the bumb stops were totally screwed. half of one of them was wedged in the bottom coil of the spring, so i checked the rest of them and with 2, as soon as i lifted the dustcover, they fell out in pieces. with the other one, the bump stop wasn't even there anymore...

8kg front, 6 kg rear, dampner is on half way and it's probably a little too hard for our SHITHOUSE roads.

i used to whinge about roads in qld (especially brisbane city and the northside) but holy crap, adelaide has some absolutely disgusting roads. WHY THE HELL AREN'T THE MANHOLE COVERS, FLUSH WITH THE ROAD FFS?! i'm sure every other place in the WORLD can manage this, yet adelaide can't?

nice, which coilovers did you go for? i got it done at Western Suburbs Automatics, i'd seen the name pop up a few times on SAU and when i rang the guy he knew what a stagea was and new the gearbox, so that was good enough for me lol. can't argue with the results, instant change from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd with my setup.

i did that a few weeks ago, did you take out the metal bulb cover from the drivers side one?

it even unscrewed, no need to smash anything unlike what i'd heard

Both sides had metal lens holders in the fog light. I left them in there., just removed the yellow bit.

Awesome stuff. What height do you have it set at?

nice, which coilovers did you go for? i got it done at Western Suburbs Automatics, i'd seen the name pop up a few times on SAU and when i rang the guy he knew what a stagea was and new the gearbox, so that was good enough for me lol. can't argue with the results, instant change from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd with my setup.

ended up with the BC Racing BR's, mostly to my own stupidity. not realising that the stag is A Arm and not McPherson, i saw camber tops in the pic and thought, "Hell yes! Front camber adjustment for an extra $100!"

pretty much stock height. the goal was to just get them in last night, haha. i've still got to lift the fmic up so that the bottom pipe doesn't stick so far out of the bottom of the car, before we decide to do anything with height. i personally want it to stay at stock height, but i think the girl has other ideas...

Both sides had metal lens holders in the fog light. I left them in there., just removed the yellow bit.

oh, i only had one drivers side, gives you much more spread without it