SAU Community

This Is The New Recipe Chat Thread...

Houdini

To fit the R34 GT-T seats I had to-

Remove all but the front inside mounting leg from the rails.

Swap the outside rear leg from one seat to the other.

Build up the outside front leg so that it was 25mm longer.

Bend the tabs on the 2 front mounting legs down to match the angle of the holes.

Adjust the position of the 2 rear legs by turning the holes, that I made when drilling out the rivets, into slots allowing for adjustment.

Bolt everything back together with button head hex key bolts because standard bolts wouldn't get in there.

The result is good, mounts are solid BUT if I didn't get the seats so cheap, or if they sold quickly, I wouldn't have bothered.

OK so another day & few more bit`s done,

REAR shock`s fitted Nismo,

made a Plate to raparound OIL & TRANS Filter`s out of Stainless Steel,

Also run Breather pipe from rad overflow bottle AS there isn`t one just hole on top,

also made few Duct gaurds to fit in cooler ducts & stop stone`s & other crap which dose damage cooler`s .

need to get front bar sparyed & looking like it should,

Just need to fit front bar & all undertray`s up & back on the ROAD AGIN :( ,

cheer`s Chuckie.

post-36964-1274871998_thumb.jpg

post-36964-1274872685_thumb.jpg

post-36964-1274872839_thumb.jpg

post-36964-1274873756_thumb.jpg

post-36964-1274874063_thumb.jpg

post-36964-1274875029_thumb.jpg

On the advice of scotty_nm35 Ive done a few small maintaince bits to my car today; namely spark plugs, and cleaning the AFM. I also did the O2 sensor (thus the thread) based on another friends suggestion.

All pretty straight foward, two of the spark plugs came out 'poorly', I had my mate do most of the work (hes actually a mechanic) but one of the plugs seemed to be getting tighter as it was coming out initially, to the point where he didnt want to take it out and we left it till last (We were going to leave it and get someone 'Dr Bolt' to remove it.. based on the fact that he figured it would either shread the thread of snap off half way out and it would need to be helicoiled.) but after one of the other plugs exhibited similar difficulties but to a slightly lesser degree and came out fine with no sign of wear on the thread we decided to give it a whirl, and it came out fine. My mates theory on why it was f**ked was that they'd previously been removed/reseated but not in all the way - and as a result there was carbon/crap build ups on the thread... well there was a little bit of 'crud' in the threads when they came up. Who knows.

One oddity, but maybe just my ignorance again, I appear to have two cats - one of them patently not stock; any thoughts on this? Is it likely to have been done in Aus to pass compliance or what?

post-69799-1274876344_thumb.jpg

The other thing was what looks to be some additional welds, I could be wrong and perhaps theyre factory spec, but they just look not quite neat enough for that? theyre on both sides at the back.. my lack of car knowledge inhibits me from using the correct term, but Im going to go with the chassis, in line with the where the springs sit :( Anyone seen that before? :s

post-69799-1274876615_thumb.jpg

You forgot to tell us how it goes now. :)

You have a decent second compliance cat fitted, I had 4 cats in mine when I got it, needless to say they didn't last long.

The weld looks like factory bracing, I will have a check next time I am under the car.

What were the plugs you pulled out like?

You forgot to tell us how it goes now. :ermm:

The car seems more responsive, and I cant help but feel I have more power under my foot.. which would infer the car has leaned out. But that could just be wishful thinking. Im getting an oil change done tomorrow, and a new oil filter (and fitting Jetwrecked's AR-X springs, which are due to arrive today) - so I'll fill up a full tank and see how the consumption fares before i make a definitive answer ;)

You have a decent second compliance cat fitted, I had 4 cats in mine when I got it, needless to say they didn't last long.

The weld looks like factory bracing, I will have a check next time I am under the car.

4? Absurd :)

In my mates opinion they looked 'old as shit' but not completely wrecked, same for the O2 sensor. I dropped them in the bin, but if theyre still on top I'll grab some photos.

Apparently my oil filter looks 'ancient' so thats why Im giving that a go too.

last night i removed the cheap shitty boost gauge that i fitted last week and fitted a decent one. what a surprise, my car is still running 9-10psi. oh well, at least i don't need to get a boost controller. although when it was nice and cold last nite i was getting an initial spike to 11 psi then it bled down to 8-9psi.

just finished the 350Z brembo install on the M35

Everything was direct bolt on - even the standard lines work fine as long as you trim about 5mm off the banjo bolt.

Will take it out for a drive in 5min!!!

Most of the plugs were pretty similar to this one, some had a bit more blackness to the tip others had a bit less.. some had more crud on the thread, others had less :blink:

post-69799-1274953230_thumb.jpg

O2 sensor looked something like this

post-69799-1274953266_thumb.jpg

that greddy infometer proves rice can be good. wish it had av out

Me to!.....gives good info though.....found my high end misfire problem straight away.

Edited by Jetwreck

O M G Chuckie.

you have a pair of genuine n1 castor rod brake air deflectors. only the second set i've ever seen, i had to buy mine brand new from nissan, got the last 2 they had in the warehouse

Yes Duncan & i got them for FREE ;):):):D;) ,

would like to try to make the backing plate use air better may have to find some & cut them about abit ,

would be great to see how much better it work`s ok Rotor`s & will try them out soon in hill`s give the old girl a work out ,

Cheer`s Chuckie.

Went and had a chat with my panel shop hopefully car is getting painted 2-3 weeks time, had mytwo front windows tinted and my new hdi d spec ebc got dropped off today, so I'll have something to do at work tonight. :(

Installed the 350Z brembos last night. Was suprisingly easy to fit.

The braided lines I ordered didnt fit, but the stock M35 lines worked perfectly - all I had to do was trim about 4-5mm off the Banjo bolts and they worked perfectly. The only other difference was the rear caliper bolts. Otherwise its all straight bolt on.

Took about 3hours for me and my brother to finish - we took it super slow and made sure everything was perfect and bled twice to ensure no air in the system.

The end results are great, initial bed in took about 15 min of medium braking and a few hard brakes as suggested on the brake pad box, after that there is already a lot more power than the standard calipers and im sure it will take a few kms before the pads truly bed in.

Really happy with the results, and considering the weight of the standard calipers, im sure I have shed some lbs in the process!

I will put some proper pics up in a separate post when I get some time. For now here is a quick phone shot!

Ben.

post-a287708-brembo-on.jpg

post-4475-1275018790_thumb.jpg