SAU Community

Aussie Delivered R32 Gtr's

Nice car Ben.

3 minutes ago, ADM-GTR-062 said:

As requested here are a couple of photos of my car ADM #62

I have ALL stock parts in storage, including the mud flaps. Interior is 100% stock too.

GTR 1.jpg

GTR.jpg

Stock is positive is supposed to be near the guard, not near plenum. That said I did change my 32R to be like in the picture, and most looms should reach. It just seems more practical with positive configured like that doesn't it.

49 minutes ago, BK said:

Marko R1 I was replying directly to the previous post by John Murray - he claimed it is one of 9 silver cars with an ADM compliance plate. Actually GTR registry claims 25 ADM KG1 Jet silver metallic so I don't know where he got 1 of 9 from. End of the day, it is still just an R32 GTR in KG1 PRODUCED from Nissan and there are 1620 in that colour.

That is my point that I'm making - there is this ADM elitist attitude going on that somehow they are like a completely different built car and are a better car than they really are. A v spec 32 for example is mechanically a better car.

As for the gun metal grey ADM, who really gives a shit that it is the only ADM one in that colour. It is still the most common R32 GTR colour KH2 is it not ? Certainly doesn't deserve to command a massive price like that, and I will piss myself if it actually does go for it's asking price.

Look I like all the GTR models, and find the ADM ones intriguing, but anyone with any common sense sees right through this ADM perceived value. ADM 32 GTR is a cool thing, but there are a lot of other GTR models I would buy before an ADM one. And have. I passed on an ADM 32 in 2004 for my 33, don't regret it for a second.

Ok makes sense re 1 of 9 as I should have remembered that :)

There may be 1620 in total BUT only 9 with ADM compliance plates - ppl pay for rare models, similar to any other rare car like the other examples I mentioned (I guess all car enthusiasts are crazy and in a way, we all are) - it is just the way it is. 

128 changes in total for the ADM - yep, that is cool haha

Now I'm confused BK. Look closely and see my car has the positive next to the guard.

I thought that it was NOT factory correct?

I've looked at countless photos of under bonnet R32 (a lot of ADM) and found that most had the positive on the Plenum side. Also I think that terminals should be at the rear of the battery.

Can anyone else confirm?

Factory is definitely positive next to guard like yours, but that is generally a bit silly so people change it to stop dumbasses shorting the positive on guard. Most cars are near plenum, terminals to firewall side as it just makes more sense.

15 minutes ago, ADM-GTR-062 said:

Now I'm confused BK. Look closely and see my car has the positive next to the guard.

I thought that it was NOT factory correct?

I've looked at countless photos of under bonnet R32 (a lot of ADM) and found that most had the positive on the Plenum side. Also I think that terminals should be at the rear of the battery.

Can anyone else confirm?

I am certain that the positive sits on the plenum side just like yours does (mine and John Murray’s are also like this) 

• Like 1

Actually....workshop manual shows positive to the plenum side, negative to the guard, eg page A6.

And FWIW, I personally don't think an ADM R32 is worth 100k+, but clearly some people do! at least we can be pretty confident those ones will be well looked after (yes, I'm looking at you Pete!).

Luckily there were 200 people that were willing to pay $110k each back in the 90s, and since that is worth about $215k today that guy looking for $235k+ has only made 20k in 30 years :blink2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Duncan said:

Actually....workshop manual shows positive to the plenum side, negative to the guard, eg page A6.

And FWIW, I personally don't think an ADM R32 is worth 100k+, but clearly some people do! at least we can be pretty confident those ones will be well looked after (yes, I'm looking at you Pete!).

Luckily there were 200 people that were willing to pay $110k each back in the 90s, and since that is worth about $215k today that guy looking for $235k+ has only made 20k in 30 years :blink2:

Duncan it’s been a long time - thanks for confirming battery terminal location & yes agreed on the capital growth with cars is generally poorer...better ways to make money :)

15 minutes ago, Duncan said:

lol not selling PeopleSoft consultants, right :) Hope life's been treating you well 

I am well mate, peoplesoft lol 

It’s good getting back on SAU - I do miss this place :(

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

Yep your right Duncan, even Nissan fast confirms it. I think the confusion for me was caused when you look up various battery suppliers is that they list it as the guard side. Had the positive on my 32R on the plenum side for years as the guard side just seems silly, but did notice on the old man's 32R that his postive is definitely on the guard side. He is also 75 so maybe he was just being a bit senile and installed a backwards battery by mistake, like Ben with #62 has done.

• Like 1

Yeah I also think that positive on the right, bottom (and therefore left, top in 32 GTR mounting) is more common so many people might have put installed batteries that require wiring that way around; also proves either setup is OK in practice because the standard loom reaches to the other side.  

I need some help fellas. My radio cassette is kaput. I think the power supply is the problem. Can't find anyone in Newcastle that fixes things anymore. A bit reluctant to send it away as it might disappear but I might have to. Any suggestions?

OH!! A bit less on the 75year old senility bit, we are fragile you know.

John

4 minutes ago, John Murray said:

I need some help fellas. My radio cassette is kaput. I think the power supply is the problem. Can't find anyone in Newcastle that fixes things anymore. A bit reluctant to send it away as it might disappear but I might have to. Any suggestions?

OH!! A bit less on the 75year old senility bit, we are fragile you know.

John

John I would take it to your local Jaycar store as it’s probably something trivial and they are great to deal with :)

• 3 weeks later...