SAU Community

G-Zone For M35S

bigkevracer

It is possible to see a significant performance increase from a remapped ECU as long as those that remap it are aware of your mods, have a heap of experience with the model of car and, finally, are damn good at what they do.

It will never be as accurate as an in-car tune, but going from 140awkw to 190awkw on a remap with supporting mods done would not be out of the realms of possibility.

G-Zone want to know specifics of your setup, as many as they can get without actually physically having the car. Details are pretty much limited to intake/exhaust though, i.e. what air filter, exhaust, diameter of exhaust, intercooler upgrades, etc, and they supply your reflashed ECU according to these specs.

They seem to know more about the cars than anyone else, and from my research seem to be good at what they do.

I'm still sitting on the fence at the moment, second guessing a bit, but from what they're asking sounds like I should get the exhaust and front mount done first (my next two things) before I go with the flash, and that way I can supply them the exact pipe diameter, which they seem to want.

I wonder if I can just do a log on the emanage and send it to them? The output fuelling map and timing maps may help them but its probably best I tell them the basics and adjust the rest here.

Not much room left, the wastegate is going to mount under the housing.

post-63525-0-73330200-1303988101_thumb.jpg

post-63525-0-70572900-1303988130_thumb.jpg

Im interested, they might shit bricks when they ask for my mods though. :)

If they know their shit, their first question would be "What the hell have you done to the gear box" :P

@ Scott - Looking at the work your doing, sure makes me glad I got the HKS kit.

There is a lot of effort in making it all fit!

Edited by PN-Mad

Yes, it's on my extremely long list of thing to do...

Re; boost control. Is that because you can build full boost lower in the rev range?

The boost controller has a Gain setting that allows you to bring the boost on earlier and faster plus a little more pressure. I am running 17psi and this gives a good launch even without stalling it up but I do know what you mean.

The Impul does not change the throttle response significantly (if at all) but it does improve the fueling, remove boost cut, speed limiter and increase rev limit.

As was mentioned, my best estimate is around 180kw but Spoolin's car had 215kw with basically the same mods so this could well be closer to the mark especially as I hit 100% duty cycle around 7000rpm.

The issue of improving the throttle response with a remap like the Nismo ECU is that when Jetwreck had his tune done on his car (270kw) the tuner had to decrease the response of the throttle as it was too hard to work with in creating a safe tune.

I don't know the answer but it is a complicated ECU.

I wonder if I can just do a log on the emanage and send it to them? The output fuelling map and timing maps may help them but its probably best I tell them the basics and adjust the rest here.

Looking good Scott... :)

The issue of improving the throttle response with a remap like the Nismo ECU is that when Jetwreck had his tune done on his car (270kw) the tuner had to decrease the response of the throttle as it was too hard to work with in creating a safe tune.

So... remap might be useless later on when used with a piggyback?

For myself i will just get them to remove throttle restriction and speed cut...no point getting all the other stuff done as the emanage does all the other stuff. Or am I wrong?

Edited by ironpaw

Must've been delivered to the "too hard basket" at 125 "I hope those blokes forgot what we promised" Street :whistling:

I'm sure they're still "working on it":thumbsup:Don't call us; we'll call you...

i dont think these pictures do much justice. see it in person, and you'll see how the clearance is. its going to be fun scott. thats all I can say!

nice work scott.....looking good!!!

Well I'm still up for the re-map. For the price we are going to get an ecu that is somewhat custom written for the mods we have so I think it's worthwhile over a generic Mines or Impul one. For Craig and Scott with heavily modded cars it is probably a different story but I'm never goin that far with my car and the only other mod I can think of doing is maybe a boost controller. I've pretty much convinced myself this is what I'm going to do unless someone sneds me an Impul or Mines or Nismo ecu for $100. Craig? Andy??? Anyone?

Well I'm still up for the re-map. For the price we are going to get an ecu that is somewhat custom written for the mods we have so I think it's worthwhile over a generic Mines or Impul one. For Craig and Scott with heavily modded cars it is probably a different story but I'm never goin that far with my car and the only other mod I can think of doing is maybe a boost controller. I've pretty much convinced myself this is what I'm going to do unless someone sneds me an Impul or Mines or Nismo ecu for $100. Craig? Andy??? Anyone?

lol Thats what they all say.

if your thinking about mofifying one or two things.. just a heads up at the domino effect.

Nah I have been there many times and have learnt my lesson! This car's mds will end with the ecu and MAYBE a boost controller. I'm not rebuilding gearboxes etc. This car is never going to be stupid fast witout a LOT of money spent on it and if I wanted to do that I would start with a VQ35 and do what Scott has done.

i didnt put much into mine and am pushing 285kw on a fairly rich tune.

I can honestly say. its stupid fast.. especially for a 2 tonne wagon!

do it do it do it do it lol