SAU Community

Id Injectors

tk80

I've seen advertised on eBay a kit for the RB25 including 1000cc Bosch injectors for US$700. Comes with injectors, rail, plug adapters, and a FPR if you pay "buy it now" price. And supposedly will fit under the stock plenum.

Seems to be too cheap for what's included:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Skyline-RB25DET-r33-GTS-T-1000cc-Bosch-Fuel-Injectors-Kit-Fuel-Rail-/200968949936?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ecaaed0b0&_uhb=1

I have the 1300s in my car, it is hopefully getting tuned this week, RB2630 with GT-RSs, hoping for 600awhp, my tuner is removing alot of the 2000s in favour of the 1300s if the 2000s where just used cause the 1000s weren't big enough, he has said the 1300s are alot nicer for street use

^^ Been looking at the same kit. It's $820 Au with shipping, but still seems to be a good price.

Agreed. What I was worried about is; is the price too good? Wondering if they're knock off injectors or something. Says they're genuine, but...

Do you think 1300's will make 600rwhp on e85?

yeah and some on my setup, I have a Weldon 2025 with 50psi base and A 1:1 reg, the tuner thinks I should be able to get over 700 with them with how I have done the build, I'm also not running full E85

I have the 1300s in my car, it is hopefully getting tuned this week, RB2630 with GT-RSs, hoping for 600awhp, my tuner is removing alot of the 2000s in favour of the 1300s if the 2000s where just used cause the 1000s weren't big enough, he has said the 1300s are alot nicer for street use

It'll be interesting to see how much better the 1,300's are. The 2000's I wouldn't consider grumpy at all.

Agreed. What I was worried about is; is the price too good? Wondering if they're knock off injectors or something. Says they're genuine, but...

They are just as cheap locally, with local warranty and support. Why bring them from the other side of the world?

It'll be interesting to see how much better the 1,300's are. The 2000's I wouldn't consider grumpy at all.

This ^^

I hear Bosch may be using the ID stainless internal technology on a new 1700cc injector or something, it is in development I was told. ;)

The 2000's will idle fine.

For that power don't bother with the 1000's, Unless you are willing to run 100psi fuel pressure. Just get the 2000's, they will be fine for years.

The other option if you have the cash is the Moran's...

http://www.injectorsonline.com/indivprod.php?cid=110

Best damn injector out there! You can pull them apart yourself and clean them if need be. All stainless outside and inside apart from the plastic injector plug body. These babies will last you a lifetime. We run on methanol and went through 4 sets of ID 2000's before learning our lesson. The 2000's are not alcohol tolerant. The internal seals are rubber and swell over time and the injectors flow is severely reduced. Result is melted spark plugs and pistons!

If you look at the quality of the product you are getting for the price, they are actually quite cheap in comparison.

They are just as cheap locally, with local warranty and support. Why bring them from the other side of the world?

It's possible to get a similar kit locally then? With the Xspurts?

Do you think 1300's will make 600rwhp on e85?

My 1200's are making 708rwhp on E85 (on their limit) so no reason why 1300's shouldn't piss in 600

I know a lot of people who are having issues with blocked EV14/ID2000s on Ethanol, we are just using the Deatschwerks 1200cc drop in GTR ones now as they seem to be hassle free

My 1200's are making 708rwhp on E85 (on their limit) so no reason why 1300's shouldn't piss in 600

I know a lot of people who are having issues with blocked EV14/ID2000s on Ethanol, we are just using the Deatschwerks 1200cc drop in GTR ones now as they seem to be hassle free

I think the built in filter inside the injector is getting blocked by the fine black carbon floating in the fuel, as it is finer than most injector filters, possibly as it's a gas injector. (Specifically the ID2000's for some reason) I have had no issues with my Xspurt 1000's and I have put a LOT of fuel through them over the years.

I now suggest to customers they run a high flow 10 micron paper filter before the rail with 2000's. Moran demand 10 micron filtration for their injectors on Ethanol fuels, or the warranty is void.

6 x Xspurt 1000's and Proflow RB25 rail would be around $800 through me I think Mark, with all adapters.

Scotty - will that rail fit with the stock plenum? We are looking at going to E85 in the next few months, so I am interested in an injector upgrade.

I think the built in filter inside the injector is getting blocked by the fine black carbon floating in the fuel, as it is finer than most injector filters, possibly as it's a gas injector. (Specifically the ID2000's for some reason) I have had no issues with my Xspurt 1000's and I have put a LOT of fuel through them over the years.

I now suggest to customers they run a high flow 10 micron paper filter before the rail with 2000's. Moran demand 10 micron filtration for their injectors on Ethanol fuels, or the warranty is void.

What paper filter are you using, I was told to be careful when use paper filter cause the ethanol can/does eat away the "glue" that holds the filter element to the casing

I'm using a speed flow 10 micron stainless sceen filter but the paper ones can go down to 5-6 micron which would be better