SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Yeah. It's getting ridiculous now. So much theft going on.

One dodgy neighbour is all it takes.

A mate in Carnegie had his car broken into recently...for the second time...the thief only stole the remote gate opener. Obviously so they can come back for the car or more break ins.

There's no way I wouldn't insure a car in one of these carparks.

Yeah apartments just not safe these days either, cameras pretty easy to get by just covering up

My car is like 1 meter behind where my head is when sleeping and bike is about 4 meters all locked up so hopefully I'd hear if anything dodgey going on.. still insured doe. If not home could just walk in with bolt cutters snap bike steering lock off / pick up front wheel onto a trolley and wheel it out.

Do peeps selling skylines just leave them at the station now to get payouts?

I've seen stolen bikes in apartment complex's bolted to the ground with one of those 'unbreakable' chains - grinder marks on the floor and it was gone lol.

Edited by UNR33L

If there's a way to lock it there's a way to unlock it

Just the physical version of hacking vs security; all about getting one up on the other

he had alarm imob and such.

so guessing they broke the steering lock and as the parks are upstairs put in neutral and rolled it down to the ground and on a truck.

ballsy move as he basically lives opposite the st kilda rd police station.

Problem is no one but the owner and people who know it's the owner's car would stop them...if anyone even dared to ask what they were up to they'd just say towing it to be repaired and no one would question it.

If only the scumbags put their brains into something honest.

Wonder if there's any footage on cameras surrounding the area

I'm also for Orwellian style living if it means these dream boats can't get away with anything

Problem is no one but the owner and people who know it's the owner's car would stop them...if anyone even dared to ask what they were up to they'd just say towing it to be repaired and no one would question it.

If only the scumbags put their brains into something honest.

at current interest rates, a $100 a day junkie could afford to pay the interest on an $850k mortgage....

think about that

Those not reading the single malt thread

Green Label is back online for click and collect @ $69

grabbed 2 just then

pity gotta wait till can try it

I'm entirely OK if my car got stolen or written off, which means it is the most secure car in the universe.

So much so, some people broke into my Camry (why, I don't know), and flattened the battery (again, really not sure how.. it starts) and left my wallet on the passenger seat where I had accidentally left it because... I'm lucky?