SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Ham, any idea where I can take dezz out on a date? $700 per head minimum

so this is where I say my tues lunch was more than that per person..

• Like 1

Ham, any idea where I can take dezz out on a date? $700 per head minimum

Attica

Brae

Fat Duck

Vue Du Monde

Since it's a date you won't be drinking heaps so most places should fit you in for that rate.

I went Morris jones other week on chapel food was good. Probably cost slightly over your budget but we had a lot of drinks

It's not the west dude... Place I worked in South Yarra he was referring to was $40 for a main

Is Brae that good?

katie wants to give it a try

i cbf tbh

I'm over that kind of dining. Best I do is 1 hat these days..... TBH I enjoy it more as fine dining has been f**king destroyed in the last few years. Every place is the same now.

• Obscure Plate - possibly slate or a huge cross section of a tree
  • Food in a line placed "randomly"
  • Most of the shit is virtually raw and "forraged"
  • Dots of "gel"
  • Something or other that should be a liquid, dried and powdered
  • Somehting that "challanges" you like moss or some other pointless shit
  • No sauce - The waiter pours that on in front of you for the "ooooh" factor
  • Food served at room temp
  • Edible flowers
  • Like 2

<p>

i cbf tbh

I'm over that kind of dining. Best I do is 1 hat these days..... TBH I enjoy it more as fine dining has been f**king destroyed in the last few years. Every place is the same now.

• Obscure Plate - possibly slate or a huge cross section of a tree
  • Food in a line placed "randomly"
  • Most of the shit is virtually raw and "forraged"
  • Dots of "gel"
  • Something or other that should be a liquid, dried and powdered
  • Somehting that "challanges" you like moss or some other pointless shit
  • No sauce - The waiter pours that on in front of you for the "ooooh" factor
  • Food served at room temp
  • Edible flowers
Hey that's what rich people eat, the garbage parts of food

082_elzar-pointing.gif

BAM

Hamish, if you are so sick of the way modern fine dinning has evolved why do you practice it?

Maybe others will also appreciate traditional looking dishes...........in fact I'm one of them.

But the selling point of fine dining is the importance of presentation and etiquette/elegance that people want to feel (sensation)

You between a rock and hard place?

Hamish, if you are so sick of the way modern fine dinning has evolved why do you practice it?

Maybe others will also appreciate traditional looking dishes...........in fact I'm one of them.

But the selling point of fine dining is the importance of presentation and etiquette/elegance that people want to feel (sensation)

You between a rock and hard place?

I don't practice it. That's why i'm not a chef.

I got out of fine dining when Noma came onto the scene and this whole foraging craze took off, and then out of cheffing a year later.

I don't care about traditional/modern etc, it's just that the current ethos for fine dining is shit.

It's all about how something sounds on a menu and how "obscure" it is. Taste is literally an afterthought nowadays.

Aside from the whole show being staged, a huge thing that pissed me off about MKR was that every meal involved some form of reduction or was deconstructed; two most frequently used terms. Can anyone just cook some food?

No, because people on those shows are not chefs. All they know how to do is copy someone else's idea and try not to f**k it up.

I remember a time when dishes had names on a menu, not just a list of every f**kin ingredient and process involved in making the dish.

case in point.... I made this recently as a pisstake... it's f**king eggs benedict...

10986264_715408545239849_1273811704_n.jp

I know which one I'd rather eat

Eggs_Benedict_with_Bacon.jpg

I don't practice it. That's why i'm not a chef.

I got out of fine dining when Noma came onto the scene and this whole foraging craze took off, and then out of cheffing a year later.

I don't care about traditional/modern etc, it's just that the current ethos for fine dining is shit.

It's all about how something sounds on a menu and how "obscure" it is. Taste is literally an afterthought nowadays.

its Fad mate. It will eventually turn into something else that will attract consumers - its marketing 101

Good: new CEO's partner is a teacher; can't have much more in common with him

Bad: all departments now have KPIs including marketing which is unquantifiable tasks filled with white noise kind if work. Stupidity.

Good: new CEO's partner is a teacher; can't have much more in common with him

Bad: all departments now have KPIs including marketing which is unquantifiable tasks filled with white noise kind if work. Stupidity.

Measure what you want changed.

Greece megamix

I got bills...

They're multiplyin...

And I'm losin control...

But the Euro IMF supplyin...

It's STABILISIN'!

• Like 1