SAU Community

Grand Theft Auto V

oweban

San Andreas; the game that was always fun.

Chucked in gta4 just the other night. Game engine was good but it just didn't have that fun replay value of San Andreas…

Although shotgunning drivers in the face is still pretty fun.

• 5 months later...

looks like an exciting story for once! however, it also could be taking the 'setpiece' path and showing all the best parts through cutscene...

Also really keen to see if it FINALLY gets away from the all-missions-are-favours-for-people-you-dont-like-and-who-manipulate-you-and-are-usually-batshit-crazy-and-probably-usually-die-anyway-even-though-you-wish-you-could-have-killed-them-10mins-into-the-game

looks like an exciting story for once! however, it also could be taking the 'setpiece' path and showing all the best parts through cutscene...

Also really keen to see if it FINALLY gets away from the all-missions-are-favours-for-people-you-dont-like-and-who-manipulate-you-and-are-usually-batshit-crazy-and-probably-usually-die-anyway-even-though-you-wish-you-could-have-killed-them-10mins-into-the-game

Only recently started watching Burn Notice... and straight away thought 'this is just like GTA!'

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

they said they need more time.

Dear all,

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience.

Yours,

The GTA Team

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48591/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-9172013.html

meh i can wait.

:banana:

tell that to GT5

hahaha ^this

i'd rather them take a few more months to have a well made game, than release a broken game early/on time

hopefully the R18+ classification rating is all sorted and running by then

Edited by alex182

hahaha ^this

i'd rather them take a few more months to have a well made game, than release a broken game early/on time

hopefully the R18+ classification rating is all sorted and running by then

R18 is here. Itl all be g.

In saying that about GT5 though.... It was still not even half as good as forza 4 rofl. They focused on graphics rather than hardcore gameplay. GTA is a massive game though so it takes a long time to polish it. GTA IV was secretly just an engine tester haha GTA 5 will be amazing. However im a bit sketchy of the whole you play multiple characters. I miss having 1 character that you can eat heaps and get fat or go to the gym and bulk up haha

I know they arent into PC ports, but maybe theyre planning on doing one same time as release?

OR (and most likely)

theyre working with new Dev tools

Thats exactly what I was thinking, however if they say they are still polishing the console version then I wouldn't count on it.

It sucks for us PC players who usually have to wait a year after console release..

From a financial standpoint it would make sense for Rockstar to dellay the release for PC due to massive piracy of the game once its out on PC

What I am confident about this time is that they would have Ironed out a lot of porting issues and ineficiencies for the PC release.

What I am confident about this time is that they would have Ironed out a lot of porting issues and ineficiencies for the PC release.

LOL yeah right. the ports are getting worse with each release... San Andreas was bad, GTA4 was an abomination. same engine, so it might be a bit better, but still run like balls i reckon

If you compare performance with the first release and the latest patch there have been massive improvements. GTA5 will basically just GTA4 with new content so im confident this port will run the same or better than the last.

If it runs worse on console than GTA4 - which has a terribly bad fluctuating framerate then I would be concerned.

I agree the PC releases apear to run slower on PCs, but remember you are most likely doubling the resoloution from what consoles nativly run - PS3 and 360 only run GTA4 at 1280x720 and the earlier releases at standard TV res.

Fingers crossed it's not a disaster, eitherway I will be buying it and potentially optimize certain features myself as I have done with GTA4