SAU Community

Wakefield Wrap Up Thread

N1GTR

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all the organisers for a great day. I think I won the lawnmowing award for biggest off. Here's picture of my crotch (control your orgasms ladies) after said incident;

med_gallery_15274_2357_31901.jpg

I had newbie George (who had the AMG) in the car at the time - soz brah.

One thing tho - 10 minute sessions are too short, should be 15 minimum.

(control your orgasms ladies)

LOL!!!

One thing tho - 10 minute sessions are too short, should be 15 minimum.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Why would you prefer 15 min sessions?

FYI they're currently (and have been for ages) 10 minutes from green till red to allow 10 open minutes then the usual 2-3 minutes clearing the track before the next group which means we run to 4 x 15's in an hour. If members prefer it another way then of course that can be looked at etc :)

imo 10 mins sessions would be fine with limited cars on the track (ala: the afternoon when there is only 4-5 in a group) in the mornings the extra 5 mins will allow the drivers to find some clean air if they want to time themselves etc

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Why would you prefer 15 min sessions?

FYI they're currently (and have been for ages) 10 minutes from green till red to allow 10 open minutes then the usual 2-3 minutes clearing the track before the next group which means we run to 4 x 15's in an hour. If members prefer it another way then of course that can be looked at etc :)

Maybe its just me, but i find it takes me longer to get into a rhythm with my driving. With 10 minutes i'm only getting one good lap in. I like the speed off the street day 20 minute sessions but 15 would be fine as well.

Not sure there is a best design for the sessions, more laps just gives the cars a bigger chance of doing damage to themselves. However an extra 5 min track time also gives a lot more hot laps.

eg. With my perferred 3 lap warm up each session, assuming a 1.2min lap gives 5-6 hot laps in 10 mins, where as an extra 5 min gives 9-10 hot laps.

4 sessions 15 min + 5min cool down-swap over, would give a greater opportunity to drive into town for extra fuel and a bigger break for lunch. Overall currently we get 35-42 hot laps a day, 15 min sessions we would get 42-52 (assuming 3 lap warm ups each session and 1.2 min laps).

I am happy as it is, but understand others would want to try longer sessions.

On another item, any thought of sharing the load at the day, eg splitting the pit wall duties into two one morning one afternoon?

I like 10 min sessions, not to hard on the cars and not to long between sessions, street tyres would have started to go off by then anyway and semis are good in a lap or 2 from my limited experience , but then I like supersprints which only sees hot 3 laps, much easier on the car.

Guys, you also have to remember, we normally have 48 people entered on a day. If we run 15 minute groups, we have and once an hour, you've got only 4 groups, meaning 12 cars in a group, this is a very heavy track for a normal club day.

When we run a full track day we prefer to run 6 groups, at 10 minutes a piece, so there are only 8 cars per group.

To those wanting longer sessions, maybe try lining up on time. It's amazing the number of people who don't turn up until halfway through a session!

And remember, with this exact track day, people were concerned with oil and water temps as it was "December and in goulburn". So by shortening the sessions we help avoid over heating.

And remember, with this exact track day, people were concerned with oil and water temps as it was "December and in goulburn". So by shortening the sessions we help avoid over heating.

I thought the sessions were exactly long enough mainly for this reason. Personally, by the time i found my mojo, i had just enough time to hot lap until the tyres/engine temps hit their limit before the session ended. For street cars on street rubber i thought it was spot on.

i did a MRT day they did 5-6 cars on track with a max of 5 laps per car with a open pit lane it was was pretty awesome got loads of track time and looks after the car and tyres .seriously if u cant post a good time in 5 hard laps your just huting the tyres.tyres turn to mush everything is hot u just go down hill

Like with almost every trackday, from about 2pm onwards the 4 groups can be cut down to 3 groups due to dead rb26's, 13b's and people that leave early.

Were there any dead motors on the day? For me its more like "ok i'm knackered, i'll sit a session out"..

Sir son of rajab - which car were you in? 67 seconds is hauling ass! What tyres were you running?

Were there any dead motors on the day? For me its more like "ok i'm knackered, i'll sit a session out"..

Sir son of rajab - which car were you in? 67 seconds is hauling ass! What tyres were you running?

Maybe 2 dead rotary motors. Normally there's at least one rb that needs a rebuild or new turbo's.

Sir son of rajab was in a race R31 Skyline rb26 powered? running new federal semi slicks (the one above the rs-R's). You can see how effective the combo is on the vid i posted from about 4.30 onwards.

Cheers man, the black/yellow R31. running an RB30DET slapper motor :rolleyes: with Federal FZ-201s.

Tyres are brilliant, they gave me 2sec on the old RSRs, but i think theres more in them/car/driver :thumbsup:

trying to chase down first place on the r31 club lap time at wakie.

1.2sec off Craig Markland - 1:06.2731 (GIBSON MOTORSPORT HR31 GTS-R)

Hi folks, spewing that I missed this trackday but I was on a ship on my way out to some South Pacific Islands as you were all racing round the track.

Not sure who used my GPS data logger but here are the results that were stored on it.

10:51 AM Session

17-12-2011_1051.jpg

11:07 AM Session

17-12-2011_1107.jpg

1:33 PM Session

17-12-2011_1333.jpg

1:58 PM Session

17-12-2011_1358.jpg