Oil Cooler With Thermostat And Relocation Kit

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

warranty on a oil cooler

lol

almost as funny as the dude who said a remote mount is bad

What the warranty's actually worth is a different story, I meant if a local business is willing to back a product, then they must have some faith in it, compared to a faceless ebay company. Word of mouth goes along way, if everyone you talked through said "item X by brand Y" is crap, you wouldn't buy it.....

if you buy the china stuff it works but just use lots of thread tape.

the pipes on the pre- made chin are way to long as well

go the earls one as they dont leak and just buy a length of the hose and cut it down to the correct size makes fitting so much easier

has anyone had any issues with fitting a 15row core in a gtst or gtt with fmic and washer bottle (applies to gtt owners only) still mounted?

I'd imagine you could get it mounted in the passenger side since it won't be blocking the intercooler with a front mount?

I'd imagine you could get it mounted in the passenger side since it won't be blocking the intercooler with a front mount?

no, it will not be blocking it, i meant to fit it in driver side arch. it is stupid idea to mount it in the passenger side as you need to pay more $$$ for longer lines etc.

just want to see if anyone had fitting issues with a fmic cooler kit fitted and stock washer bottle or if they made it work somehow.

no, it will not be blocking it, i meant to fit it in driver side arch. it is stupid idea to mount it in the passenger side as you need to pay more $$ for longer lines etc.

just want to see if anyone had fitting issues with a fmic cooler kit fitted and stock washer bottle or if they made it work somehow.

But if your concerned it won't fit or will have impaired air flow in the drivers side arch, and don't want to mount it out front, how is it a "stupid" idea? 50cm longer lines with fittings shouldn't be more than $30-$40 each?

has anyone had any issues with fitting a 15row core in a gtst or gtt with fmic and washer bottle (applies to gtt owners only) still mounted?

I Had no problem fitting my 19 row had it in the drivers side corner first now have it in front of the radiator still have washer bottle.

post-50426-0-81384800-1325665840_thumb.jpg

post-50426-0-40999200-1325665874_thumb.jpg

post-50426-0-60572700-1325665903_thumb.jpg

I Had no problem fitting my 19 row had it in the drivers side corner first now have it in front of the radiator still have washer bottle.

post-50426-0-81384800-1325665840_thumb.jpg

post-50426-0-40999200-1325665874_thumb.jpg

post-50426-0-60572700-1325665903_thumb.jpg

Why did you move it from the wheel arch to in between the FMIC and radiator?

I would imagine warmer air obviously wouldnt give u maximun heat exchange as cooler uninterupted air but would surely still aid oil temps but does seem counter productive buying a nice cooler kit and not giving it the best chance of doing its job properly :/

Why did you move it from the wheel arch to in between the FMIC and radiator?

Reason was because last one got cleaned up by another car when tandem drifting, the wheel arch is too open to colisions so i opted to put it somewhere safer.

boostn0199, thanks for the info but my enquiry does not apply to you as you have a return flow cooler and your washer bottle is in your engine bay where as the R34 GTT it is in the driver side arch, im particularly interested in ppl with a normal hybrid style fmic.

Can anyone comment on oil temps after they have installed a nice big radiator but no oil cooler? Surely having stable water temps never hitting 90 would give the factory oil cooler a better chance at doing its job.

Can anyone comment on oil temps after they have installed a nice big radiator but no oil cooler? Surely having stable water temps never hitting 90 would give the factory oil cooler a better chance at doing its job.

Unbeknown to many people, but that factory oil 'cooler' is actually a heater. These cars are designed for Japan, where it gets VERY cold and that little devil is just to warm the oil to operating temps... Its best to disconnect it if your oils getting hot. And a thermostatic cooler if you have anything over stock output :-)

Many parts of Japan are not that cold and get quite warm....Very similar to parts of Victoria. Actually Tokyo and Osaka's summer is much warmer than Melbourne. I don't see how disconnecting would help at all. As soon as the oil temp was above the water temp then the factory oil warmer/cooler would start to cool the oil.

Edited by Bond

Thats true, but water gets pretty hot.. up to 100 under some conditions. Oil begins degrading over 95.. I stated what its intended for, not saying it would'nt sometimes act as a cooler

I know what you mean, I have a GTT and an oil cooler to fit soon. Washer bottle and power steering cooler sits really low down in that area. I wanted to put it in the drivers side wheel arch, but I'm now thinking between the FMIC and radiator might just be easier. My only concern is that more heat is going to end up going through the radiator, but I doubt it would be much when you are travelling at speed.

boostn0199, thanks for the info but my enquiry does not apply to you as you have a return flow cooler and your washer bottle is in your engine bay where as the R34 GTT it is in the driver side arch, im particularly interested in ppl with a normal hybrid style fmic.