SAU Community

Nissan Skyline R34 Gtr Z- Tune For Sale

Hmm interesting I know the owners of number 16 number 3 and number 12.

Why would Powerplay import a Z-tune with two hand brakes??? have a look at the number 14 that came to Australia plus this car was a private car sent in to become a z-tune. Number from 1-12 are all nismo selected. So this will add value to the car.

Bobby the car that was brought in was one of the original 20. The owner (through some connections he had in the international GT racing world) heard about the car well before it's public/media presentation, flew to Japan and went directly to Nismo to purchase it. In fact, he only spent 3 days in Japan and the whole trip was just to sort out the purchase of the car. This was probably 6 or more years ago so I don't think we are speaking about the same car or owner. I can get the build no. and other details if you would like, just PM me :)

It was a shame they modified the whole car and installed the huge sound system into the car in my opinion that car really wont keep its value.

Laggy????? I don't know any Gtr with twin turbo to come on full boost by 3700 rpm !!!

The car never had any sound system installed - the owner was a pedantic car collector and ex-GT driver. I guess in this light also, this is why he deemed the car to be laggy. He was comparing it to NA cars with 5 times the price tag and double the power output that picked up from 0. Also, to whoever was asking if it had been tracked the answer is yes. It was tracked in NSW before the owner had it transported to Melbourne. The very experienced driver/owner drove it both down the quarter mile and around a circuit (I forget which one) - this is what lead to him to speculate about Nismo's performance claims.

Z-tune is the most epic car built by japan.

All I can say this car does not drive like any gtr out there from factory! The way it handles the torque its amazing

I will not dispute these last 2 points. The z-tune to any real GTR fan was the top of the tree, the cherry on the cake. I guess it just boiled down to him wanting more performance when in reality, there are cars out there (albeit a lot more expensive) that will decimate a z-tune.

May I request that the info be shared on this thread? (Or PM me too. Lol) as I am very much interested in the history of the z tune.

I also read and saw pics of the #014 car that was in Aus. I found a forum/site (I cant remember which) that had the #014 car in for a service at a workshop. Also a quick google search brought this site up with pics of the said car

http://limitededitiongarage.com/nismo_z-tune_gtr34.html

If I am mistaken in anyway, I do apologize and feel free to correct me.

Thanks,

Raj.

Sorry Raj, I will not share that information publicly for privacy reasons - I will however draw your attention to a particular issue of AutoSalon magazine from 2007 though, where they did a a feature on his car and it was showcased on the front cover. There are some details in there for you :)

ps. To answer your question, no it was not the z-tune from the article you posted above.

No worries Mike, I understand that these cars and their stories, while highly interesting, must be respected as well.

I was overseas during the time this article in Autosalon was released (although I tired my best to keep up with latest issues when available). I'll dig it up and have a read through.

P.S - moving away from Z-Tune for a while but remaining on the topic of rare GTR's - I just had a read through of Iron Chef's VS2 N1 (issue 162 HPI). So much win in that article!

Anyways, back to Z-Tune now... :)

Sorry Raj, I will not share that information publicly for privacy reasons - I will however draw your attention to a particular issue of AutoSalon magazine from 2007 though, where they did a a feature on his car and it was showcased on the front cover. There are some details in there for you :)

ps. To answer your question, no it was not the z-tune from the article you posted above.

the link Raj posted is the z-tune that came to Australia and it was number 14 owned by "John" as the name is on the brief case

This thread is pretty old but I still thought I'd input. The first Z-tune to be brought into Australia was brought in about 6ish years ago. The owner went directly to Nismo Japan to purchase it (was imported by Powerplay imports in NSW) and only paid around $275,000 AUD for it brand new at the time (a steal if you ask me). The car was then sold onto a chap in Greece and exported some time later for a mere profit of around 45k. I say 'mere' because the few z-tunes that have popped up recently have had asking prices much higher than this....

On another note, to the person who was asking if there were only 30 z-tunes built, and to answer the rumours that production stopped at no.18, this is in fact incorrect. There were 20 Z-tunes made to commemorate the 20th Anniverasry of Nismo - makes sense if you think about it hey?!!

My interpretation of what you have been saying is that there have been 3 Z-tunes in Aus. Many people are familar with 2 of them, one of which is now in Greece as per MrFijiGold's post, the other owned by the member above. The prior of which you confirm isn't the car you speak of, and obviously, neither is the later.

Furthermore, against the popular notion that there are 19 Z-tunes in existance, you have come out to say that there is actually 20. Now it seems a little suspiscious that a third Z-tune seems to have flown under the radar when imported into Aus by this ex GT racer you speak of, and that suddenly there is an now an extra Z-tune that was produced by Nismo over its production. This mystery Z-tune wouldn't happen to be #20 would it?

No worries Mike, I understand that these cars and their stories, while highly interesting, must be respected as well.

I was overseas during the time this article in Autosalon was released (although I tired my best to keep up with latest issues when available). I'll dig it up and have a read through.

P.S - moving away from Z-Tune for a while but remaining on the topic of rare GTR's - I just had a read through of Iron Chef's VS2 N1 (issue 162 HPI). So much win in that article!

Anyways, back to Z-Tune now... :)

yes ^^ this made for a good read. . he is obviously passionate about the car

dont know what happened to his (and jeff ashs) column in P.I do you?

Steven, IIRC there were some budget cuts made by publishers of the mag (please correct me here if I am mistaken) and they had to lose the columns at the back of the mag.

I only bought P.I to read Kristian and Jeff's articles.

Steven, IIRC there were some budget cuts made by publishers of the mag (please correct me here if I am mistaken) and they had to lose the columns at the back of the mag.

I only bought P.I to read Kristian and Jeff's articles.

Agree! The articles were a big selling point for me as well.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great magazine but yes I do miss those!

The thing i hate about express is their article sharing. When I got HPI, Zoom and Fast 4s I would sometimes get the same one 3 times. Not acceptable.

Im down to HPI and Fast 4s, I'll wait till Fast 4s runs out then just keep HPI. Got a lot of time for Jason the editor.

Zoom has absolutely died in the arse from where it started.

the link Raj posted is the z-tune that came to Australia and it was number 14 owned by "John" as the name is on the brief case

Bobby that is correct - I only skimmed over the photos before and didn't notice. It was no.14 that came here first, correctly identified as 'John's' - The sound system you speak of was installed then removed. There was no modification required to do this as the standard GTR console already had everything in place for the sound system. I guess this information can now be shared publicly as it's in those photos!

Many people are familar with 2 of them, one of which is now in Greece as per MrFijiGold's post, the other owned by the member above. The prior of which you confirm isn't the car you speak of, and obviously, neither is the later.

Furthermore, against the popular notion that there are 19 Z-tunes in existance, you have come out to say that there is actually 20. Now it seems a little suspiscious that a third Z-tune seems to have flown under the radar when imported into Aus by this ex GT racer you speak of, and that suddenly there is an now an extra Z-tune that was produced by Nismo over its production. This mystery Z-tune wouldn't happen to be #20 would it?

Well, there is no mystery no.20 and there is no substance in the "popular notion" - it is simply wrong. I don't know where this idea that only 19 z-tunes were ever made came from as the whole point of the Z-tune was to celebrate Nismo's 20th Anniversary by making 20 Z-tunes - That is common knowledge, it is public knowledge, and it is information that is readily obtainable from Nismo both in official documents and if you're really intereseted, by contacting them. Also, I was the one that mentioned the car had been sold to a person in Greece, not MrFijiGold - perhaps you should read things more carefully before speculating that things are a suspicious mystery.

Bobby that is correct - I only skimmed over the photos before and didn't notice. It was no.14 that came here first, correctly identified as 'John's' - The sound system you speak of was installed then removed. There was no modification required to do this as the standard GTR console already had everything in place for the sound system. I guess this information can now be shared publicly as it's in those photos!

Well, there is no mystery no.20 and there is no substance in the "popular notion" - it is simply wrong. I don't know where this idea that only 19 z-tunes were ever made came from as the whole point of the Z-tune was to celebrate Nismo's 20th Anniversary by making 20 Z-tunes - That is common knowledge, it is public knowledge, and it is information that is readily obtainable from Nismo both in official documents and if you're really intereseted, by contacting them. Also, I was the one that mentioned the car had been sold to a person in Greece, not MrFijiGold - perhaps you should read things more carefully before speculating that things are a suspicious mystery.

Well it sounds like you've done a complete backflip on your statement, as per post number #65 where you say it is not the one from MrFijiGold's post, and now conceed that it is infact #14. What you have said up until the above post gives the impression that there was actually another (3rd) that was in Aus, so pardon me for trying to connect the ill fitting dots.

Also, if you read "one of which is now in Greece as per MrFijiGold's post" to mean that MrFijiGold owns the car, obviously 'you should read things more carefully.' By looking at his post, he clearly makes no statement of ownership, so how could you possibly interpret me to making that assumption, particularly as "the other owned by the member above" was clearly directed at someone else. Please disregard - I made an error in interpretation which I apologise for.

Whilst I conceed that you are correct with 20 builds of the Z-tune, your statement has appeared to catch many off guard, even instigating Bobby to inquire about the number manufactured;

I will have to email Nismo and ask them the facts about building "20".

Yet, I will reiterated that I was wrong, and that 20 appear to be in existence (confirmed by BMI - which I believe is a credible source).

Anyway, I hope that we can move on from this and let bygons be bygons.

Carry on.

Edited by Four - Twelve

Also, if you read "one of which is now in Greece as per MrFijiGold's post" to mean that MrFijiGold owns the car, obviously 'you should read things more carefully.' By looking at his post, he clearly makes no statement of ownership, so how could you possibly interpret me to making that assumption, particularly as "the other owned by the member above" was clearly directed at someone else.

LOL what are you on about? He didn't say that MrFijiGold owns the car. He said he is the one who mentioned the car that went to Greece, not MrFijiGold.

Also, I was the one that mentioned the car had been sold to a person in Greece, not MrFijiGold - perhaps you should read things more carefully before speculating that things are a suspicious mystery.

• Like 1

LOL what are you on about? He didn't say that MrFijiGold owns the car. He said he is the one who mentioned the car that went to Greece, not MrFijiGold.

:cheers:

I once heard someone else make the same comment about 'only 19 z-tunes'. I take it they were not of the GTR-fan era that knew of the z-tune before its relesase (pre-2006) and therefore missed all the pre-release hype and publicity where Nismo regularly stated that 20 z-tunes were being produced for their 20th anniversary. I guess it's all one giant conspiracy theory and Nismo only turned 19!! :laugh: Among other things I have even heard some people claim that 30 z-tunes were made and in different colours. My favourite rumour has to be held by these same people who believe that the midnight purple 'z-tune' that's floating around on the internet is a genuine z-tune from Nismo :no: .....HAHAHA clearly they have no idea what they're talking about