SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

That was on E85. Neo engine's pretty good, didn't have issues taking boost, and I didn't experience valve floating issues either. The external gate is welded to factory exhaust manifold, search the index page on my thread, there are few pages explaining how.

I run 98ron as the car can sit for months at a time. I dnt mind e85 but will wait until the new engine is run in.

You have the fuels all backwards, it's the 98 I wouldn't leave for months as it goes stale and detonates. Ethanol has no problem with sitting for a few months in a sealed container or tank.

E85 draws in moisture from the air. Thats what stuffs everything.

Hence why I said sealed container. How much water do you think it will suck in through a wall of steel or plastic?

I have had none of the issues you have described, actually I have had no issues at all in 5+ years running e85.

• Like 2

I had some ethanol stored in a plastic container for about 6months , opened several times to mix with some 98 and I found that it had turnt cloudy, I'm guessing it must of absorbed moisture from the air or maybe there was moisture in the 98 it was mixed with?

Edited by AngryRB

Go back to p1

People said that about this club

And their predictions are becoming truer and truer with each 100kw.

Reminds me of a saying - There's old motorcyclists and there's bold motorcyclists, but there are no old bold motorcyclists!!!

Also found this on another website:

Coulson, Richardson & Sinnott report that:

• aluminium, aluminium bronze, brass, copper, gunmetal and bronze, high Si iron, nickel, nickle-copper alloys, platinum, silver, stainless steel (18/8, molybedenum & austenitic ferric), titanium, tantalum, and zirconium
  • nylon 66 fibre & plastics, PCTFE, PTFE, polypropylene, and furane resin
  • hard rubber, neophrene, nitrile rubber, chlorosulphinated polyethylene, and silicone rubbers
  • concrete, glass, graphite, porcelain and stoneware, and vitreous enamel

are corrosion resistant to alcohols, beer & water up to 100C.

• lead, mild steel (BSS 15), cast iron, and tin
  • acrylic sheet (eg perspex), acrylonitrile butadiene styrene resins, rigid unplasticised PVC, plasticised PVC, polyethylene (low & high density), polystyrene, melamine resins, epoxy resin, phenol formaldehyde resins, polyester resins
  • butyl rubber & halo-butyl rubber, ethylene propylene rubber, soft natural rubber, and polyethylene rubber
  • wood

So I'm drinking my beer out of glasses...........

Ive had e85 in those plastic jerrys for 6months and had no issues used it in the car after that, have also left e85 in metal jerrys outside in the rain in winter for few months again used the fuel and no problems.

• Like 1

Ethanol is highly hygroscopic, yet all that means is it will absorb water out of the air until it's so saturated you get phase separation. However, if air can't get to it then it can't get water out of the air. Depending on tank breathers and such will determine if fresh air can get into a fuel tank Easyer enough to cause an issue. On most cars not so much. In sealed containers not at all.Also some company's have additives in fuels to help with it. Basically unless you fuel system has leaks ( that's a big problem) then you shouldn't really have issues except for really long term. I've had some issues with a tank that was about 1/4 full and sat for 6 months yet the fuel cap also wasn't on properly.

Oil contamination can be an issue though. Expecially with how open to air some motor can cases are. Yet if you use the right oil for it. Or change it out more often again not an issue.