SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

I'll have the resonator chopped to look inside i reckon, i just assumed it was big enough, whole system cost me $200 from wrecker, its 3 1/2inch jap and had jasma rated cannon but stepped down to 2.5 inside muffler, so i put an Xforce 3.5inch on the back ... But ive got a HKS muffler from an R33 which i drove and it sounded proper angry and has the restrictor inside, sound is important to me atleast if not many others...

Edited by AngryRB

• 1 month later...

mods: gt35r .86 r/h, type a poncams, 6 boost, 50mm progate, freddy, fmic, 1000cc ev14s, link g4+
fuel: p98
power: 335rwkw
oil: ?
useage: R&R abuse
lifespan: 2 months so far
failure: N/A
comments: Soon to be e85 and hopefully close to the 400 mark.

• Like 1

Mine is getting tuned on the 20th. She will crank 300 and unopened apart from pon cams. Will update when I have it back in my hands if she doesnt kick a leg out the bed!!

Well I didnt make the 300kw club, will go back early next year for more boost. 17psi straight off the gate and boost controller turned off got me 293.8kw.

Well I didnt make the 300kw club, will go back early next year for more boost. 17psi straight off the gate and boost controller turned off got me 293.8kw.

Good work anyway!

I made 289kw so I also missed out on being part of this club

how can you not know what oil you are using lol

I can't remember what my mechanic used last time he did it. He specializes in RB engines, so I trust he put in the good stuff. 10w30 motul rings a bell though, but again, no idea.

Probably due for a service soon. Cheers for the reminder.

I can't remember what my mechanic used last time he did it. He specializes in RB engines, so I trust he put in the good stuff. 10w30 motul rings a bell though, but again, no idea.

Probably due for a service soon. Cheers for the reminder.

I hope not lol.

Have a look through the first few pages for oil reccomendations :)

Can't believe people still pay top dollar for big name brand exhausts when they are all known to have step downs and all sorts of restrictions.

Custom exhaust with your own choice of cat and mufflers every day of the week, it's a real no brainer.

cause it doesn't matter how many time people get told and shown they still choose to close their eyes and cover their ears in pure ignorance

cause it doesn't matter how many time people get told and shown they still choose to close their eyes and cover their ears in pure ignorance

Hmm, I would be interested to know difference in price also - custom v name brand. I know the tomei expreme is supposed to be 3.5" but It is very very very expensive for a cat back system (probably being titanium).

waaaay to thin, asking for trouble

For the power I am making, or in general?

My pressures seem to be ok. I had a look through "The goods on oils" page and it seems a lot of people are saying Nulon 10w40 is a decent oil. What would be the issue running that?

Hmm, I would be interested to know difference in price also - custom v name brand. I know the tomei expreme is supposed to be 3.5" but It is very very very expensive for a cat back system (probably being titanium).

I'm doing my dump to tip in 4 inch at the moment.

$710 for two SMB mufflers at my size (the biggest I thought I could squeeze in there).

$435 for 6 m of 4 inch tube, 3 90's, 4 45 degree bends and a 3 to 4 inch expander.

Labour to do it, not sure.

Few bucks for hangers.

You only wanting a car back should be done in 4 to 5 hours with a good operator and half the amount in material.

For the power I am making, or in general?

My pressures seem to be ok. I had a look through "The goods on oils" page and it seems a lot of people are saying Nulon 10w40 is a decent oil. What would be the issue running that?

Ive used nulon 15w50 full syn. in my 33 for years. Ive never had an issue. Plenty of street driving, and a lot of track work. Im only about to switch to Penrite 10 Tenths due to switching to E85.

I believe Nulon make a quality product. I also use their red coolant and power steering fluid. I use Redline Shockproof in my g/box and diff, but haven't looked at anything nulon offer for them yet. They'll be getting serviced before this rebuild is finished, so I might see what the have there.

I had massive issues with motul oils before that, hence the change.

Edited by R31 drift pig
  • Like 1