SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

8 minutes ago, t_revz said:

Johnny, I have never really looked at nistune maps... Can you explain the high values in the ignition map. 145-170?

ahh the values go "retarded" when you enable knock feedback, essentially when the ECU detects knock through the OEM knock sensor in those "retarded" cells it will read from the knock map.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Manuel Kasko said:

So his tuner was just very conservative or does this just look like he had no idea? 

More like his tuner is a tuna.. aka a moron. There's too much timing in the map and there's a high chance it's beyond MBT for each of the load points.

I've asked for logs in 3rd, will look at them soon and advise him on next steps. Those timing figures are for e85 and even so that's considered high.

• 2 months later...

Finally can join this club :2_grimacing:

Engine:

S2 RB25DET Unopened apart from cams.

GTSR exhaust manifold

Kando TD06 20G 10cm with 45mm turbosmart hypergate

3inch turbo back exhaust-Kakimoto cat back

Splitfire coilpacks

Camtech 268-9mm intake, 272-9mm exhaust

Adjustable Tomei exhaust cam gear

N1 oil and water pump

1000cc injectors with top feed fuel rail-Tomei fpr

Freddy intake

600x100x76 intercooler with custom/short piping

Denso intank, 044 external and 2l surge tank

52mm radiator with 2x12inch craig davies thermos

HKS 13 row oil cooler with grex oil filter relocate block

326.9kw, 546.8 nm - 22psi dropping to 18psi.

IMG_2465.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Hi Adam good power! Looks a little laggy from the chart (as you would expect with those cams) doe it seem like that on the road? Do you have a 1/4 mile time?

Nice looking coupe!

Thanks mate. Comparing my old graph with pon cams it picks up better at different points over the rpm range, makes a little more power over the range too. I have also retarted the exhaust gear 2 degrees with the new cams witch I believe is helping the bottom end a little. She was trailered there and back, basically the engine, suspension, tyres and brakes will be a untested setup for nationals at the end of the month :blink:.  I will report back then and hopefully have some better feed back.

Cams were chosen for my new engine-that's in the build still and will be better suited IMO. 

R34GTT with Rv-2 Atr45sat Cbb Int gated bolton turbo on stock manifold. Stock engine rb25det neo motor, I'd 1000 injectors, walbo pump, Pwr cooler, 3 inches turbo back cooler and 4 inches intake pipe. 324rwkws P98 fuel

power.jpg

boost.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2016 at 9:59 PM, hypergear said:

R34GTT with Rv-2 Atr45sat Cbb Int gated bolton turbo on stock manifold. Stock engine rb25det neo motor, I'd 1000 injectors, walbo pump, Pwr cooler, 3 inches turbo back cooler and 4 inches intake pipe. 324rwkws P98 fuel

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Hey that looks like good bang for buck! I presume you used a Nistune chip - did you upgrade the fuel pump as well?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Final tuning completed yesterday - 2 visits and all done.

mods: GTX3582R Turbo, Apexi ECU, TOG Modified High Mount Manifold Schedule 10, FMIC, Plenum, Genuine Z32 AFM cold side, Splitfire Coilpacks, 650cc Top Feed Injectors, AEM rising rate FPR, Top Speed 345lph in tank pump, Greddy FV BOV, 3 Inch to Cat, HF Cat, Twin System to rear, Turbosmart 45mm Hypergate, 50mm wastegate inlet and outlet, 4 inch intake POD, Throttle body going in the bin and back to stock,

fuel: BP Ultimate 98

power: 360kw 482hp - 22psi high - little laggy down low as expected - as long as I drive to suit should be quite fun.

oil: Nulon 10w 40 Synthetic

useage: Daily Driver - Might Hill Climb and Possibly Vic Time Attack if I can get in. Just for fun

lifespan: I have owned the vehicle for 12 years never any engine failures just a water pump - Lifespan for 360kw so far 24 hours without running

failure: Water pump - as for Dyno failures clutch slip on the last power run - as mentioned 12 years on the same clutch not bad at all.

comments: With the clutch slip the Dyno results would have shown different - its all good though should be putting about 600nm down. If I could change anything maybe go with the A/R 0.63 on the rear.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Finally made the club. Completely stock 25 Neo including all manifolds. 

mods: Borg Warner Airwerks S257SX-E TS 0.83 on stock manifold, Tial MV-R EWG, Bosch 1250cc injectors, Walbro 485 with hardwire mod, 3" turbo back exhaust with highflow cat and HKS Super Drager muff. HDI IC, 3" intake, Nistune with feature pack 2 and flex fuel sensor. Bosch R8 coilpacks

fuel: BP 98/ United e85

power:266rwkw 98 + 18psi/302rwkw e85 + 19psi

oil:Penrite Racing 10/Tenths 10w40

useage: Weekend warrior/ some track days

lifespan: 172000 + 1 week

failure:

comments: EWG needs more spring (0.3 bar) so has some lazy spool (140kw @ 4000rpm) and drops 2.5psi from 5500 to 6800 rpm, so gate is blowing open. 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:25 PM, Stick180 said:

Finally made the club. Completely stock 25 Neo including all manifolds. 

mods: Borg Warner Airwerks S257SX-E TS 0.83 on stock manifold, Tial MV-R EWG, Bosch 1250cc injectors, Walbro 485 with hardwire mod, 3" turbo back exhaust with highflow cat and HKS Super Drager muff. HDI IC, 3" intake, Nistune with feature pack 2 and flex fuel sensor. Bosch R8 coilpacks

comments: EWG needs more spring (0.3 bar) so has some lazy spool (140kw @ 4000rpm) and drops 2.5psi from 5500 to 6800 rpm, so gate is blowing open. 

This is a setup I'd like to see!   I've felt that the S257 SXE is an untried hero for the RB budget performance crowd. Pics please, and show us the dyno sheet.

Any idea what sort of timing this thing is taking up top?

What does it drive like?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dale FZ1 said:

This is a setup I'd like to see!   I've felt that the S257 SXE is an untried hero for the RB budget performance crowd. Pics please, and show us the dyno sheet.

Any idea what sort of timing this thing is taking up top?

What does it drive like?

That was my thoughts, and at about $1200 AUD landed, its worth a shot.  Not sure on timing, but knowing my tuner it wouldnt be anything crazy. Because of the EWG spring drama, its not building boost like it should, and its dropping 2-3 psi upto. So once i have that sorted i think driveability will be much improved. When it is on boost, its very punchy and the spool noise is pure jizz

20171120_165130.jpg

20170911_183007.jpg

20170920_202902.jpg

• Like 2