SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

Finally leaving this group... Unfortunately not the way i wanted too lol

My stock NEO is finally tired, but it has copped a beating as a dedicated track car for the past 2 years so it was self inflicted!

Engine ran over 300kw, just shy of 400kw at times since 2011 and was daily driven up until 2015ish... Since then its been thrashed on track for more events than i can remember! Engine still runs and does everything as it should, its just pushing oil on track so time for a new build!

Stock NEO's FTW :cool:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Me too :(

I have a new motor, it is unfortunately built lol

I blew (well Phil did) cylinders 1/5/6. Smashed a bunch of ring lands, filled the sump with metal, destroyed the head, and destroyed a fairly new turbo. Same as Matt, plenty of abuse and anti-lag launches LOL

Lol you animal!

I pulled mine out before total destruction as i am building the original :P

40 minutes ago, 34GeeTeeTee said:

Lol you animal!

I pulled mine out before total destruction as i am building the original :P

hahah well that motor was totes fuuarked, the bores were cooked the head was fuuarked too.. had engine bits and pieces holding some of the valves opened.

Had to buy another motor!

#neoforlyfe

• Like 1

On 02/12/2017 at 8:10 AM, Stick180 said:

That was my thoughts, and at about $1200 AUD landed, its worth a shot.  Not sure on timing, but knowing my tuner it wouldnt be anything crazy. Because of the EWG spring drama, its not building boost like it should, and its dropping 2-3 psi upto. So once i have that sorted i think driveability will be much improved. When it is on boost, its very punchy and the spool noise is pure jizz

20171120_165130.jpg

20170911_183007.jpg

20170920_202902.jpg

I just noticed your post and I'm keen to see more of your setup and results so far as I was looking at the S252SX-E for my RB20 with VTC as well. Do you have any more pics of the mods done to the housing ? Did you change the spring in the gate to improve the spool ?

18 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

hahah well that motor was totes fuuarked, the bores were cooked the head was fuuarked too.. had engine bits and pieces holding some of the valves opened.

Had to buy another motor!

#neoforlyfe

I am staying NEO... Just far from stock :D

2 hours ago, R_34 said:

I just noticed your post and I'm keen to see more of your setup and results so far as I was looking at the S252SX-E for my RB20 with VTC as well. Do you have any more pics of the mods done to the housing ? Did you change the spring in the gate to improve the spool ?

RB20 with VCT? Talk to me about it haha. You using an RB20 Neo from a 34 or retrofitting VCT?

RB20 with VCT? Talk to me about it haha. You using an RB20 Neo from a 34 or retrofitting VCT?
Nope i just retrofitted intake camshaft and pulley from an S1 RB25 on my RB20 (coming from a R32). I drilled and taped the camshaft cap to install some kind of banjo fitting through the cam cover in the cap , a solenoid and then back to the head through the cam cover again. The solenoid is operated via the nistune ECU. It looks sketchy but it's working and not leaking so far.
I'll give some pics for you if you're interested.

15 hours ago, NEO25T said:

Are you able to let us know the condition of the motor once its pulled down.

Would be interesting to know if a set of rings and bearings would freshen it up.

I wont be pulling it down, but can ask the question to see what condition it was in... I am going to say well worn though :laugh:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am still an outsider but nearly made it in.  Car made 295 on e85 safe tune and 280 on pump 18psi - could of done 20-22psi to gain entry to the 300 club

hypergear ss2 turbo IC stock mani

dyno.279kw.pump.fuel.jpg

• Like 1

On 17/01/2018 at 7:13 PM, NEO25T said:

Are you able to let us know the condition of the motor once its pulled down.

Would be interesting to know if a set of rings and bearings would freshen it up.

Overall condition was pretty good mate! Nothing sinister really! Just tired!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've just joined the club!

mods: RB25DET NEO, Hypergear OP6 .86 Exhaust housing, Splitfire coilpacks, 044 Fuel Pump (460 Walbro ready to go in), 1000cc xSpurts, Nistune, Garage 7 IPC, 38mm Turbosmart ultragate External (Off stock manifold), 3" exhaust, FMIC, Aeroflow fuel lines

fuel: E85

power: 330RwKW on 20Psi

oil: ULX110 10w40

useage: Weekender

lifespan: Only had it for a few weeks but it was tuned almost a year ago

failure: Nil

comments: Definitely want a garret and aftermarket manifold to increase boost response and some Tomei camshafts but other than that this is way too much power for a street R32 haha

I've just joined the club!

mods: RB25DET NEO, Hypergear OP6 .86 Exhaust housing, Splitfire coilpacks, 044 Fuel Pump (460 Walbro ready to go in), 1000cc xSpurts, Nistune, Garage 7 IPC, 38mm Turbosmart ultragate External (Off stock manifold), 3" exhaust, FMIC, Aeroflow fuel lines

fuel: E85

power: 330RwKW on 20Psi

oil: ULX110 10w40

useage: Weekender

lifespan: Only had it for a few weeks but it was tuned almost a year ago

failure: Nil

comments: Definitely want a garret and aftermarket manifold to increase boost response and some Tomei camshafts but other than that this is way too much power for a street R32 haha

You could just swap the op6 housing for a 21u housing, will be all in full boost at around 3500rpm and only lose 15-20kw. Another option, upgrade the bearings in the turbo to ceramic ball bearing. Both of these options will be relatively cheap and make a reasonable improvement.

Otherwise a gtx3076 gen2 on a 6 boost will sound tits. Wouldn't bother with the cams, not required.

On 6/16/2018 at 3:19 PM, GTSBoy said:

Well, poncams are generally crap.  And they will NOT give you the response increase you're looking for.  Just the opposite, in fact.

Ah i thought tomei was well received with RB stuff, knew they were unpopular with toyota because they snapped a lot.

Also found out my turbo is actually an ATR43SS2 .82

Screenshot_20180619-111749_Facebook.jpg