SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

ill be running the non bb version of the 43sat iwg on my car, hoping to tune it next weekend yet that will depend if a part i ordered tonight gets here in time, if it doesnt then whatever day it gets here ill throw it on my dyno and see how it goes. stock rb25, 3"tbe, fmic, so that should give you a better idea if you can wait a week or two

Keen to see your results Scott.

For the atr43g3sat, Is the standard a journal or ball bearing chra?

mines just the standard journal bearing, got it last week, looks pretty nice, hopefully i can post in this thread after i tune it, otherwise ill drop half a tank of e85 in,

• 1 month later...

Keen to see your results Scott.

ended up getting 270 out of it at 20psi, had some boost issues where it would taper down to 18psi by redline, yet even after fixing that i wont be able to join this thread as limiter bashing a standard rb isnt good with there oil issues and i now need new big end bearings so rb30 time it is

copped up to 25psi and a lot of knock along the way...copped a fair bit of limiter abuse...also ran for a week with a dud fuel reg and was leaning out to 15:1 under full load...pistons had very slight det damage but bottom end is otherwise perfect and will probably be used again when i eventually sell it.

Best read of the thread haha

Looks like I'm unable to make anymore power, I added in 4 degrees of timing and it only made 327kW so I backed it off and ended with 325kW

Tried more boost, but it did do much except give me a little more torque and a glowing gate lol.

There's a chance this motor has had it as I lifted the head at a track day a couple of months back.

(oh yeah, I had semi slicks on which generally reads lower on the dyno)

If anyone is interested, I've got data logs from runs on the dyno.

Back again, 372kW @ 1.75bar (1.8bar spiked a little)... motor has not popped and even went to a track day on the 30th of May. Motor did push some coolant, I believe the OEM head gasket isn't too happy.. even with ARP studs.. might go and torque them up some more LOL.

Details:

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/55845-rb25-turbo-upgrade-all-dyno-results/page-54#entry7731169

post-22311-0-16951700-1463922770.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hypergear 21u high flow 2015 spec @ 19psi on United E85, 312rwkw, 474nm

-nismo 740cc injectors
-nismo 3inch cat back
-blitz LM return flow cooler
-adaptronic ecu
- E85/Flex goodness
-Castrol edge 10/60 oil

No failure, only 1 month of running so far.

2b757bffbf181af17aa627246133926e.jpg

Damn it I have to fix my boost coming on late issues! [emoji20] yours is before 4k rpm

I've also got a slight response issue. Its hitting full boost around 3700. It used to be all in by 3450. Still trying to track down the issue but haven't had much time to spend on it. This was my previous boost graph from last year before any problems.99f46b5ac1d94bbd5c0ed2eb5b7b6084.jpg

Stock S1 motor. not even head studs.

Z32 Nistune ecu

550cc sti injectors.

Holset he351cw @ 18psi

cx racing topmount

4" complete exhaust

407 hp and 314 ft lbs

I know its a big turbo. but right now my only issue is how late it spools. Ive seen similar holsets on smaller motors spool as early as 4200. according to my tuner the only way to get it to spool sooner is to change timing which will make me lose a lot of power.

Opinions would be nice.

20160726_102516 [99870].jpg

20160727_175703 [99869].jpg

2 hours ago, r33canada said:

Stock S1 motor. not even head studs.

Z32 Nistune ecu

550cc sti injectors.

Holset he351cw @ 18psi

cx racing topmount

4" complete exhaust

407 hp and 314 ft lbs

I know its a big turbo. but right now my only issue is how late it spools. Ive seen similar holsets on smaller motors spool as early as 4200. according to my tuner the only way to get it to spool sooner is to change timing which will make me lose a lot of power.

Opinions would be nice.

20160726_102516 [99870].jpg

20160727_175703 [99869].jpg

Is your VCT working?

I do have afm issues slightly with how close it is. I also knew I was going to. I wanted to have a unique setup without doing what everyone does with for forward manifolds plus already had the return flow IC.

I'm going to pull the tune and take a look at it and check about vct.
I know there's not much room for things but can you explain the blow through setup?

Those HPX AFM don't suffer too much from reversion, also will read more air than a Z32 (provided it's in the correct tube and meshed both sides).

I recently did a S15 with a R35 AFM and it was hitting 5V before it was even making 200kW.. turns out the tube was too short and wasn't meshed (create some uneven flow and turbulence). I advised the owner to mesh both ends and extend the tube/pod. Made a healthy 238kW towards the end with the injectors at 99% DC.. then turns out, he didn't remove the OEM pressure relief valve inside the fuel tank.. now that's removed it's going to go back on the dyno for Round 3. This is a S15 with Nistune, on full flex :)

if anyone is using a R35 or HPX AFM... I suggest this:

3-4-in-air-w-hardware-300x225.jpg

i believe my tuner mentioned that the maf could be relocated into the intercooler piping but its not ideal, or the way my setup is with the stock intake manifold and the piping layout its not ideal. im not sure. probably has to do with space as well.

I took a look at the tune. it shows that vct is set but i have no way of seeing if its working i dont think.

if anyone is proficient with nistune and wants to take a look at my file let me know. 

I just believe its possible to spool at the very least 1000 rpm sooner. cause right now i can pretty much gear through 1st and it will make about 5 psi.. pretty much all motor and this hits 18 almost right away in second.