SAU Community

Beware - R34 Gtr For Sale In Sydney

Just to update this one, the new owner of the original car in question has been in touch, and is now planning to take SAG to court over it.

wouldnt happen to be the newspapers contact would it?

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, this thread has been a real eye opener. I'm already a naturally skeptic person, now it's going to be hard to trust any car on the market.

I'm currently after an r34 GTR vspec 2, just waiting on finance approval, but i wont be going anywhere near dealers like this. Its just crazy.

We should keep this thread going with any additional info. Things to look out for for the novice buyer, cars to avoid, specific things to request from seller like what certs, documentation, when to turn away if a particular doco cant be presented. Websites that can assist in the validation of a car. Ive already taken note of every helpful link in this thread, trusted importers, helpful information, but the more info we have, the less chance people will make a mistake when buying a car.

Thank you all.

I'll be in contact with a few Importers shortly.

Guys, this thread has been a real eye opener. I'm already a naturally skeptic person, now it's going to be hard to trust any car on the market.

I'm currently after an r34 GTR vspec 2, just waiting on finance approval, but i wont be going anywhere near dealers like this. Its just crazy.

We should keep this thread going with any additional info. Things to look out for for the novice buyer, cars to avoid, specific things to request from seller like what certs, documentation, when to turn away if a particular doco cant be presented. Websites that can assist in the validation of a car. Ive already taken note of every helpful link in this thread, trusted importers, helpful information, but the more info we have, the less chance people will make a mistake when buying a car.

Thank you all.

actually u just need to speak to one guy... iron chef kristian... :yes: feel free to bust his balls to find your ideal car... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just read this thread and got paranoid about the 33 GTR i've been looking at.

Is there an easy way to track a cars Japanese history and old import paperwork?

The car I saw has a nismo dash, so wanna know when it got replaced and therefore the real kms on the chassis.

The dash had 120k on and the condition of the car is immaculate..

Looks better than a couple of 80k gtrs i have seen and drives very well.

It is a 95 GTR V-spec.

I have flicked iron chef an email to see if he can help.

Any thoughts?

Look for a guy on here called Dodgyimports. I believe he runs a service that will give you some good info.

Since your vehicle hit the shores of Aus it's anyones guess though :unsure:

Correct.

Thank you all.

'Tis hard enough to trust spam

Was a nice grade 4 gtr that went through the auctions recently with 194k on the clock

Sold for 2.2m

Well be interesting when it comes up for sale

.. advertised done 49,000 genuine km mint mint mint condition no scratches or damage history 1 owner like brand new........

Just used a company called JOC (Japanese odometer check) on fb and internet.

Payed them a small fee and they traced the pre-import registration via the official Japanese vehicle department.

Quick and easy way to see recorded kms when it registered/re-registered in japan.

They get the paperwork and translate the page into english too!

Highly recommended!

Probably a must for a Japanese import especially after reading this particular thread!