SAU Community

{Wa} Shaun's R33 Gts-T Track Car Build

racegtst

• 2 weeks later...

1 Race car is enough of a headache. I may or may not be thinking about a sequential box for the Skyline!

How unfortunate mate. Why are you selling the 180?

Bloody series sponsor jinxed me, LOL

Not a pretty sight, but had to smile at the WA Spit Roast sticker.

• 1 year later...

Well a lot has been going on behind the scenes in the last  year and the car is still not fully rebuilt. Hopefully next week sees the car back on all 4 wheels after spending more than 12 months as a non rolling shell on a mini hoist.

Lots and lots of parts have been purchased and are waiting to be fitted after it gets back from the fabricators and paint shop.

There is some massive changes coming and hopefully it will be running by January.

I have been very lazy on the updates but have also added a baby girl to household so internet time is limited these days.

I have created a facebook page which is easier for me to update with pics and progress. Go give the Page a like for the latest updates.  

https://www.facebook.com/Racegtst-R33-Skyline-Sport-Sedan-1578963345733791/

Edited by racegtst
Typo

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, Dale FZ1 said:

Can you throw up a bit of information/detail on the pedal box and gearbox?

Very interesting aspects of the modification process.

The pedal box is an OBP product from the UK, we made a plate to weld to the floor to give more strength to the pedal box during use. This removes the master cylinder and also allows us to move the brake fluid canisters to inside the cabin away from the heat of the engine bay.

The gearbox is a TTI 6 speed sequential and will be mated up to a 7.25" triple plate Xtreme clutch kit.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, racegtst said:

The pedal box is an OBP product from the UK, we made a plate to weld to the floor to give more strength to the pedal box during use. This removes the master cylinder and also allows us to move the brake fluid canisters to inside the cabin away from the heat of the engine bay..

With hindsight I would also have mounted the reservoirs in the cabin.  Got a good result but took a lot of fiddly work to mount them in the engine bay.  Heat isn't an issue (yet) with mine however.

On 11/11/2016 at 7:09 PM, bcozican said:

You door to door guys are stepping up your game!

Y'all not helping with my want for a sequential box! 

I know there may be another TTI box in Perth that may be for sale. you will need the bell housing and gearbox mount but you can copy mine as it came out of a R32.

• 5 months later...

Time has flown by since the last update.

The car burnt at Collie in May 2015 and since then it has been a long slow rebuild with improvements along the way.

I have created a Facebook page dedicated to the car to be able to keep it all in one place. you can find and like it for more detail here ====> https://www.facebook.com/Racegtst-R33-Skyline-Sport-Sedan-1578963345733791/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

The rebuild started as a simple lets get back out there as fast as possible to f**k it lets build a real wild racecar.

Lots of fabricating with just 2 mates in a shed, hence why it is taking so long. I must note that all the fab work has been completed by us.

In brief, we have now got a OBP pedal box, TTI Sequential, added a KSE power steering pump to the rear of the dry sump pump, tubs and tube front end end, rear nudge bar, gone wide body on the rear and the front we are still waiting on a mate to complete, Racepak PDM unit and switch panel, braided brake line,full inside and out respray and lots of other things in the pipeline or nearly completed.

I expect to finish in the next couple of months.

Onto the pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

• Like 5

Hooly dooly, safe to say this esculated quickly hahaha. (Even though I'm sure it has felt like a very long time for you).

Awesome work mate, and to be able to say you guys did all the fab work is awesome!

17 hours ago, timmy_89 said:

Hooly dooly, safe to say this esculated quickly hahaha. (Even though I'm sure it has felt like a very long time for you).

Awesome work mate, and to be able to say you guys did all the fab work is awesome!

Time has dragged on!!

I apologise, my note was suppose to say that not all the fab work has been completed by us in house. The reason some of it has been sent out is so we can finish this thing in the next few months and not the next few years.

3 hours ago, racegtst said:

Time has dragged on!!

I apologise, my note was suppose to say that not all the fab work has been completed by us in house. The reason some of it has been sent out is so we can finish this thing in the next few months and not the next few years.

Lol, all good, never the less, amazing work with the car!!

• Like 1

Very nice indeed!

Bar work, front tubs, column mount, pedal box.  And a proper gearbox.  And more.

Keep the pictures coming.  Don't make it too pretty - you won't want to use it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Been a bit slow in updates again. The brief version is that The engine and gearbox are now back in the car.

Some rule changes for fuel tanks had us scratching our head for a while and then we decided to just make one from scratch. So a Radium fuel cell surge tank was ordered and another mate did some CAD drawings fro the laser cutters whilst we got onto cutting the boot floor out and making a frame. The tank has been test fitted and is due to be collected tomorrow from being clear anodised for E85 and powder coated black on the outside for looks.

Then some other things got anodised and have been slowly bolted back onto the car.

Next up will be the full rewire and whilst that is being done we will make all new braided oil lines.

Just to make things a bit harder on ourselves, the car got entered into the Combined Sedans support category for the Bathurst 12 hour in February. This is where the car will be making it's race debut!!! 

Only 144 days to go.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Time flies since the last update.

The car is wired, glass is back in and the bodywork is being finalised. Some new big brakes for the font have been added.

The car has now been finished and has had a shake down run. Unfortunetly it dropped a valve during the shake down on Christmas eve.  

We are doing some final preparations before it gets loaded onto a truck and Bathurst bound fort eh Combined Sedans support race to the 12 hour in a few weeks. So if you are around stop by and say hi. i will be with a red R32 and an orange 4 door R33. There is 3 Skylines travelling from WA for this event.

What a place to debut the new version of this car. On a down note the replacement engine will be a RB25 and not my torque monster RB2530.

Things left to do are finishing the side skirts and front splitter and finalising the mounting of the rear wing supports in the boot area.

Fuel Tank Finished

o3Ni1pR.jpg

New Brakes with 375mm rotors

FNq021N.jpg

Tyres mounted to new AME Tracer 18x10.5 rims with 295 Hankook all around

oInBrZC.jpg

Custom door cards and handle

s0W7PVS.jpg

Test fitting a standard guard after all the suspension upgrades

oIfggEf.jpg

Giving it a wash before the shake down

nobjcyJ.jpg