SAU Community

Nismo Festival 2013

Irishnismo

Hi members,

I'm looking for information on the nismo festival. I know that it was cancelled last year. Does anyone know the dates it's on this year or is it still on??

On the Japan topic to go to the festival, I would be flying from Perth to Tokyo. I would like a bit of guidance maybe on accomadation, travel and maybe the possibility of renting a gtr to drive over there???

Thanks

they said at the 11' event they would shelve it for two years due to moving nismo to yokohama. so should be on this year! but with all the shit that went down in japan last year i wouldnt count on it.

Yep me too, I'm going 100% with a few guys form here. We were going to head over last year but obviously it didn't go on. From what I read it was only a 1 year break and the move is now complete.

The new factory is looking the goods

735862_536351703044638_977464906_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like that new Nismo (Yokohama) Omori Factory is much larger than the other one.

I have even greater exceptions from them now to roll out some more special models ;)

Edited by Ants

• 1 month later...

I reckon if there is no info out by end of this month - mid August at the latest then you can pretty much say it ain't happening.

I check the Nismo Japanese blog quite and there hasn't been boo said about it as yet.

An alternative and in my opinion way better event is the annual GTR Magazines "R"'s Festival which happens at Fuji Speedway every September.

It's way more laid back event with loads of Top Tuners bringing out there cars plus the average Tanaka and Watanabes cars.

Easy access to pit area to view cars, talk to tuners blah blah blah. Honestly way better than Nismo if you want to go to Japan to rare and tuned cars.

The car park can easily chew up a big amount of the day having a gawk.

Well worth checking out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...