SAU Community

Food - What Is Good, What Is Ok, And What Is Really Bad For Us

Husky33

• 2 months later...

keto?

I find diet a bit of a hard one due to the sheer amounts of differing opinions and scientific research, as I am trying to lose fat and not muscle, I try to eat as clean as possible and minimise simple carbs, still not 100% on IIFYM.

I see someone bashing ryvitas - I've been eating them quite a bit lately thinking that they were less of a fail than white flour based crackers - or is there something more preferable again!

Been trying to eat as much steak / kangaroo and veg as I can, as well as cottage cheese for dat dere casein as well.

keto?

I find diet a bit of a hard one due to the sheer amounts of differing opinions and scientific research, as I am trying to lose fat and not muscle, I try to eat as clean as possible and minimise simple carbs, still not 100% on IIFYM.

I see someone bashing ryvitas - I've been eating them quite a bit lately thinking that they were less of a fail than white flour based crackers - or is there something more preferable again!

Been trying to eat as much steak / kangaroo and veg as I can, as well as cottage cheese for dat dere casein as well.

Well "clean" is about as unscientific as you can get...

well clean as in whole foods, avoiding overly processed stuff where I can. No fluids other than tea and water etc. I thought it was a fairly self explanatory term in this context.

It all gets a bit much, you have people advocating keto, intermittent fasting, paleo, zone dieting, iifym, pure calorie counting etc etc.

I see where you're coming from boz...there is so much conflicting bullshit out there; diets excluding foods that are the basis of other diets; everything seems to contradict each other and some diets only seem to work for some people (coincidence?)...

I just don't pay attention to diets and calorie counting and all that jazz. I don't need it and I don't think anyone with half a brain needs it either. Ye olde food pyramid does me pretty well. Eat more of some foods and less of others. Exercise shitloads. Done!

I managed to continue gaining muscle mass slowly while burning off fat, but given I was already decently average to low BF% to begin with it still took long enough to pull off that I wouldn't so much specifically aim for it to begin with - particularly if you're already a bit bigger than average (I'd always thought you were a scrawny f**ker Boz :P goes hand in hand with chubby chasing, no? lol)

ok so over the last 2 months or so I've been on the seefood diet (yeah yeah, we all love that pun don't we?). Went from 74.5kg lean-ish up to ~80kg with a noticeable increase in body fat and bloating/water retention. Pretty much went down the path of a very average quality bulk lol. Was both to gain a decent amount of muscle mass as quickly as I could (fat gain along the way wasn't too concerning) while increasing strength much more easily thanks to calorie overload.

Will put more info into build thread to safe off-topic shit in this thread.

lol nah got pretty fat after changing to an IT career from printing, have never been scrawny. I like my women fat, but I was disgusted with the way that I looked, hence my newfound health and fitness obsession.

I'm inclined to agree with you there Birds - then there is the whole thing of eating enough calories to ensure your metabolism dosen't go to sleep etc, discerning actual scientific fact from broscience is another hard one!

why is it confusing?

eat fresh natural food.

don't eat cakes and pies and choc etc.

if you're not losing weight, either exercise more or reduce the amount of food you eat by a little.

why is it confusing?

eat fresh natural food.

don't eat cakes and pies and choc etc.

if you're not losing weight, either exercise more or reduce the amount of food you eat by a little.

I do eat fresh natural food

I do not eat cakes, pies or chocolate

I'm not losing weight and I exercise 6 days a week

I also don't really eat that much during the day, breakfast is oats, snack is muesli bar, lunch is fruit and yoghurt or a salad roll, afternoon is protein shake, after workout is protein shake and dinner is usually pasta/rice/stiry fry

:(

this is why I'm confused.

Leesh have you had a dexa scan done?

that would give you a better idea of how much lean muscle you actually have.

from that you can work out the calories/macros you need to drop some more weight if that is what you want.

I don't know where in WA you are but I'm sure the guys at PTC Perth have had one done in Perth.

Also, it could be that your 6 days a week exercise is not of great quality.

I can't remember if it was you but I thought you posted in the post a pic of yourself thread and looked pretty good.

Don't know why you would want to lose more weight.

I can't remember if it was you but I thought you posted in the post a pic of yourself thread and looked pretty good.

This. Also yep was her and definitely looked good.

*runs and hides from Birds*

Leesh have you had a dexa scan done?

that would give you a better idea of how much lean muscle you actually have.

from that you can work out the calories/macros you need to drop some more weight if that is what you want.

I don't know where in WA you are but I'm sure the guys at PTC Perth have had one done in Perth.

Also, it could be that your 6 days a week exercise is not of great quality.

I haven't had a dexa scan done, the assessment at the gym used Tanita scales which said I was at 44kg muscle mass.

Maybe I'll try to book one in when I'm Perth next as I don't really live close to anything like that.

Monday is weights, Tuesday is cardio and yoga, Wednesday is weights, Thursday is boxing, Friday is weights, Saturday is cardio and weights

Birds has given me the weights program.

My body fat percentage is too high, and I want more defintion to my muscles, especially core.

Those scales are rubbish.

I'm sure I saw abs in your photo. I can't remember though. a female with abs showing usually means not much fat.

I think that you're just being a typical chick about this and worrying about nothing.

Post nudes pics so we can perve complement and you can feel better about it all.

Why are we hiding from Birds?