SAU Community

Deadlift Challenge

TTT

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fark!

OK, I did 110kg just earlier. Managed 14 reps (followed by 2 further sets at 7 reps). 73kg bodyweight.

Uploading video now, but it'll be on its f**king side coz even though my phone realises it's still upright, it records videos as if it were being held 90 deg to the side. f**king stupid.

I got THE WORST cramp in my upper glute/hip region somewhere though, holy shit. Was unbearable.

EDIT: video at 90% upload as of 10:30. Almost done...

EDIT 2: and it's done.

You might have a slight impingement likely in the piriformis. If you press just right or left of your tailbone (top of you glutes) and you feel some pain it's piriformis.

You got sloppy on the last reps , back postition looked a bit far back hard to tell from the phone angle but, it's marked against the more tidy reps early. Thats where you might ahve got the issue if you have any.

Get some ice on , stretch and rest then see what happens. If you have a foam roller, do the lower back, ITB's and you can roll the piriformis as well to help unlock it. You can also use something like a cricket ball for the piriformis.

If you have shooting pains in the leg tomorrow go to a physio.

Touch wood it's just workout pain.

Edited by rev210

Nice one Troy that's rad. Everyone's form goes a little cactus when you're pushing it, naturally. But pain might be a worry!

Will do a test run tomorrow @ body weight 65kg then proper on tuesday when I have a camera man :)

Edited by JEPPE

thanks guys and girls :) Nah was definitely just a cramp, and wasn't anything I'd consider to be my "back". it went away quick enough... and I'd be too busy stretching, rolling, icing, and hitting the voltaren to bother posting this video if I thought it was anything to do with mid-lower back. Been there, was not pleasant :(

It's just hit me that I've gotta bust out at least 14 reps of 120kg or Troy has a better power to weight. I can't let that happen, I won't let that happen, and I can't let that happen.

Nice!!

Do you feel it more today than a usual session?

umm, a little bit. It's a different kind of DOMS than just pushing out 5 reps of a "heavy" weight. I think I might swap shit up and just rep things on a lighter than usual weight until absolute failure now (except maybe squats, don't want to die/look like a clown/shit my pants).

Oh and regarding my form going to shit towards the end, haha yeah given the purpose of this exercise I don't see how that would have been avoidable :P was absolutely ensuring to keep core TIGHT! Plus I still wasn't feeling particularly happy in the gut, so I could possibly have gone a bit further on a good day. Will update my build thread with future results of repping til failure.

dude, your form was fine. Even the last reps were better than 90% of the people i see deadlifting fresh.

hahaha thanks Simon! :) now that I see another vid though, I can see I might be a bit far forward over the bar...perhaps...

it's a rep challenge so I wouldn't be fussed.

But if you were to reset each rep like your first, you wouldn't be forward of the bar and your lower back would not round as much (which I'm more worried about)

Your first rep was a deadlift, then the rest were much close to a stiff legged deadlift.

but you wouldn't have got as many reps.

Watch it again and judge by the position of your lower back against the line in the wall.

you start higher and higher each rep..

If you felt tight then all good.

Top effort and so far, you are the winner.... :D