SAU Community

Twin 3 Inch Exhaust !? Anyone Done It?

cobrAA

I'm thinking about custom exhaust.

Actual setup: R34 dump pipe ( 58mm), RS*R downpipe (2x70mm to 85mm), ultra quiet resonator (76mm), 76mm straight muffler and finally a varex 76mm exhaust.

I plan to go with : Tomei 76mm dump pipe, custom downpipe 2x 76mm extra long with a 76mm resonator welded then it would merge into a 100mm muffler and finally another muffler at the end.

However, do you think its possible to fit this under the R32 GTR? Anyone have done it before?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got twin 3 inch for the purposes of a 30/26 but haven't run it yet.

Piggaz have you got any piccies of yours? Do you run cats then just one set of muffs per pipe or resonators as well?

Piggaz has a Racepace. So dual CATS, 2 Mufflers on each pipe... And as he said, it is very very tight in some places as a result.

And hence I'm gonna say - Twin 3" just weighs & costs FAR too much for what you get out of it. Easier to just go with a single 4" which is good for 400rwkw+ anyway. Is lighter, cheaper and you can get two massive mufflers for the same noise reduction. (looking at a GB of 4" exhausts in a few months :))

If you are dead set on doing it you don't need the two resonators as you come off the front pipes. Two _asbigasyoucan_ mufflers on each pipe will be very adequate. It would be a SUPER tight fit on a R32 that's for sure.

Tomei make 76mm dump pipes?

No. If they're the Tomei Series 1's, they're 72 mm internally.

Tomei Series 1 pipes look like this.

tomei003.jpg

The Series 2's which look casted are 68 mm internally.

thanks guys for the input! didn't know they were 72mm.

why I wanted to run twin 3 inch was in order to fit the 3'inch ultra-quiet resonator ( they do a great job, I have one right now) and then it could merge into a 4inch exhaust.

I still need to fin a dump pipe bigger than the r34 oem right now.

Piggaz has a Racepace. So dual CATS, 2 Mufflers on each pipe... And as he said, it is very very tight in some places as a result.

And hence I'm gonna say - Twin 3" just weighs & costs FAR too much for what you get out of it. Easier to just go with a single 4" which is good for 400rwkw+ anyway. Is lighter, cheaper and you can get two massive mufflers for the same noise reduction. (looking at a GB of 4" exhausts in a few months :))

If you are dead set on doing it you don't need the two resonators as you come off the front pipes. Two _asbigasyoucan_ mufflers on each pipe will be very adequate. It would be a SUPER tight fit on a R32 that's for sure.

Keen for group buy Big boy !