SAU Community

O2 sensor

JaFF

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Can anyone confirm what voltage range I should be seeing in nissan consult for the O2 sensor from cold to warm.

Just wondering if mine is operating normally before buying a new one.

Mine was hovering at .26v got to .28 idling for 5mins approx. + bit of a rev is when it got to .28.

It settled back to .25v / .25v after a few more mins of idling.

I didn't check it again after 15min drive, will check again 2moz + water temps and post result.

Also with 188k on the clock, it well overdue for standard swap as part of servicing :).

300Km approx is all I manage out of a tank.

RB25NEO.

Cheers,

Pete

Edited by Stagea_Neo
fuel

Did some logging today. with engine already warmed up.

Water temp 69-73 deg c. range on each test.

10minute log / driving intervals.

O2 Sensor ranged from 0.01v up to 0.3v.

On the last test the O2 Sensor started reading 0.00v. for a little bit.

Will double check again tomorrow make sure it was'nt the consult logging software playing up.

Does this sound like normal operation of the O2?

Cheers,

Pete

No. Either the sensor is f**ked or your car is running very lean at idle. It should swing quickly between about 1 and 5v, going towards 5 when you floor it and 1 when you suddenly close the throttle.

Changing the sensor is the cheap and easy way to start trouble shooting....

• Like 1

Thanks Duncan and Ben for the feedback.

Both of you commenting that volt range should swing back and forth, quickly at that.

Mine, volt range is not that far and far from quick.

I concur with your advice, it's f-cked :).

Time to order a new one. I have Kudos open on the other tab, they appear to be the cheapest, wallet within reach.

Some local parts stores wanted around $250-300 for nissan genuine.

Thanks again Pete :)

Edited by Stagea_Neo

Fitted the new O2 sensor today.

Must say the car feels smoother/quieter on idle and through rev range.

Better pedal feel, don't have to press as hard to go : ).

Can see the comparison between old and new sensor below.

A lot more data in the second chart due to volt range covered and all the little fluctuations where 02 is functioning correctly.

I filled up the tank to the brim, will report back in a week or so on how many km's i got out of it.

Pete

old_O2.JPG

new_O2.JPG

Edited by Stagea_Neo

• 2 weeks later...

Been over a week now, filled tank up to full.

Still pushing to get 300km a tank with new 02.

New spark plugs i think next, new air filter already done at same time as 02.

Pete

Edited by Stagea_Neo

Hi Ravi,

Yeah, forgot to mention that, I did that last week with some afm spray/cleaner.

Also about 2 years ago cleaned out the throttle body and inter-cooler.

No noticeable impact back then to economy either.

Cheers,

Pete

Been over a week now, filled tank up to full.
Still pushing to get 300km a tank with new 02.
New spark plugs i think next, new air filter already done at same time as 02.
Pete

How many litres did it take to refill the tank?

14 hours ago, admS15 said:

How many litres did it take to refill the tank?

Honestly didn't check that. Just filled it right up reset the trip meter, avoided any heavy foot driving.

Got to 276km and reaching empty line again, the low fuel light had flickered as went around a corner

so topped up again.

Honestly didn't check that. Just filled it right up reset the trip meter, avoided any heavy foot driving.
Got to 276km and reaching empty line again, the low fuel light had flickered as went around a corner
so topped up again.

You really need to take note and work out the litres per hundred to work out if the economy really is bad or you have an over enthusiastic low fuel light. For example in my skyline at the empty line I still have 25 litres in the tank which is more than 1/3 of its total capacity.

13 minutes ago, admS15 said:

You really need to take note and work out the litres per hundred to work out if the economy really is bad or you have an over enthusiastic low fuel light. For example in my skyline at the empty line I still have 25 litres in the tank which is more than 1/3 of its total capacity.

Actually you've jogged my memory with that last reply.  When I've had the low fuel light on and hitting bottom edge of low fuel line, I have to put in 55ltrs approx.

So I assume it ok, have approx 10ltrs left.

Actually you've jogged my memory with that last reply.  When I've had the low fuel light on and hitting bottom edge of low fuel line, I have to put in 55ltrs approx.
So I assume it ok, have approx 10ltrs left.

Well then, your still running too rich. Approx 20ltr/h. I noticed in an earlier post you said the car runs between 69-73 degrees. Its possible that your thermostat is stuck open and not allowing the engine to get to full temp which I would expect to be 85+. The ecu could still be in enrichment mode at the temps you're at. Just a thought.
  • Like 1

Good point, I might take it out and put it in a pot of boiling water and test it out for correct operation.

Also leads me to another snippet of info, I have one of those radiator caps similar to the nismo that operate

at 18.2 lbs (1.3 kg/cm). That shouldn't have any relevance should it?

Good point, I might take it out and put it in a pot of boiling water and test it out for correct operation.
Also leads me to another snippet of info, I have one of those radiator caps similar to the nismo that operate
at 18.2 lbs (1.3 kg/cm). That shouldn't have any relevance should it?

No, that would just give it a higher pressure threshold and boiling point.