SAU Community

Momo Outrun M3 Tyres. Has Anyone Tried These?

Munkyb0y

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Digging up an old thread, I'm about to get these fitted to all 4 corners tomorrow, they do have a wider tyre range now, momo and St George tyres have come together as partners in making this tyre, I guess I'll see how they go tomorrow, this thread just confirmed me in getting them haha lol.

Oh a side note, I got the M2 for my Pulsar today. Car came with shitty Chinese tyres (Rotella and some other brand), the change to the new tyres totally transformed the car (including bad vibration above 90 km/h).

The only thing I can compare it against is the Dunlop SP Sport on my mum's Corolla, but even then they are different sizes (205/55/16 vs. 185/64/15 on the Pulsar). I'd say the MOMOs are on par in terms of dry grip. Very happy with them, and at $80 each, no complaints.

Awesome grip wet and dry, really outperform my last set of continentals in that category, extremely quiet aswell... just wondering are you guys feeling some sidewall flex whilst cornering a little harder? My tyre size is 255/35 18 at the rear and 225 40 18 at the front.

Cool story bro (no sarcasm intended). Always like to hear first hand opinions. Now I just wonder how these compared to the Achilles ATR sport? I had these fitted to my R33 for $120 a tire (fitted) at Big O tyres in Hurstville, 19inch 255s. I was not expecting much from this cheap brand, but I was pleasantly surprised and have absolutely loved them (a year into it). They are super silky, absorb bumps great that you feel like you are gliding over the ground with magnets, zero sidewall flex, but the best part is the grip is amazing. Wet or dry they just hold.

http://www.1010tires.com/tires/Reviews/Achilles/ATR+Sport

Now my second R33 is coming up to a new tyre set change and don't know whether to go with the Achilles which I know are great, but are these Momos better is the question?....:S

Edited by sonicz

When I had my previous car (Ford Fiesta) although front wheel drive so I don't know how you can compare it I hated the set of achillies atr sport I had on it, car handled like a go kart although with the atr it just had so much understeer due to the fronts just sliding out, from memory the size was 215 35 18, I personally prefer the momos.

Id probably guess that too. Though its worth mentioning they would handle differently on a skyline, especially due to the high neg camber on most skylines.

I also keep my psi lower than most people, wheel shop had it set to 42 psi which I did notice the ATRs gave me some understeer. I set it to about 34psi which is what I prefer and they were good after that.

My bro-in-law (who runs a performance workshop and drives everything and anything on just about every tyre) has had ATR Sports on his BMW and Supra. Loved them. They are related to the Federals, so you'd expect them to be OK, but they seem to be at least as good as the Feds, if not a chunk better.

Even with that glowing recommendation, I'm not eager to try them. I see the compound on them being a whole grade less sticky than the various UHP tyres I've been using. When I've gone back to more conventional tyres from the (sticker than 200 UTQG) stuff I normally use, I have always been disappointed with the sheer (lack of) grip that you get. I destroy less sticky tyres as fast as I destroy sticky tyres because the back end is always hanging out in the breeze. KU36s and better keep the rear end stuck down better and I get the drive I want without the drift, if you know what I mean.

They have better grip than the compound would indicate. When the tyre shop pulled them out and I stick my finger on it I was a little "uhh" as well, but I they are grippier than I expected, and certainly the grippiest tyre you can get for $120 by a long shot.

I dont think you would be unhappy for the price if you did try them.

Edited by sonicz

• 4 weeks later...

i have the atr sports on the rear 265/18. they are not too bad but the momo are much better. I would not trust the atr up front to keep me pointed in the right direction. wet grip is pretty average with atr.

on the upside, they look like theyre going to last for 30 years!!! lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on the momo tyres?

How many k's you've done on them?

Has the rubber changed? Hardened?

Glad you found this; I was going to link it in the Stagea Discussion. :thumbsup: