• Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


DaveM35

M35 Ecu Upgrade Options

Recommended Posts

LenBo    0

Great thread guys, 

I'm In Brisbane and have an M35 ARX four with SVI Gas.  The only guy I've found who's willing to have a go at tuning both petrol and Gas is strongly recommending a UniChip.  Has anyone tried one? Any thoughts??

I mentioned that lots of M35 owners use adaptronic as a piggyback that local tuners can use.  He still thought UniChip would do a better job.   After reading about the complexity of the task, am I setting myself up for fail by going down the road of a unichip? 

Any thoughts appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KiwiRS4T    481

See if your tuner is prepared to give a fixed price for the job. If not you may be paying for expensive new research.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joshm35    228
Great thread guys, 
I'm In Brisbane and have an M35 ARX four with SVI Gas.  The only guy I've found who's willing to have a go at tuning both petrol and Gas is strongly recommending a UniChip.  Has anyone tried one? Any thoughts??
I mentioned that lots of M35 owners use adaptronic as a piggyback that local tuners can use.  He still thought UniChip would do a better job.   After reading about the complexity of the task, am I setting myself up for fail by going down the road of a unichip? 
Any thoughts appreciated.

Hey mate. Im also in brisbane. Good to see more m35s here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gurichagtr    0

Hi guys long time not posted here on SAU, so i have to registered as new member, so any update for ecu solution for vq25det? i have one of ultimate under my hand and i understand that is budget upgrade for the ecu but how good does it works? also any plugin wiring available for ultimate and vq25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
m35stagea    5

No plug-in options for the emanage unfortunately. you would need a universal loom and map sensor for the emanage. 

 

Scotty does the Link

Jez does the Adaptronic

And I am working on stock ecu rom tunes.

 

It really depends what you want from the car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
karter    3

Saw this on eBay: Nm35 stagea vq25det stage 1 ecu reflash its-rom

$400 exchange.

Has anyone tried it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gurichagtr    0
2 hours ago, m35stagea said:

No plug-in options for the emanage unfortunately. you would need a universal loom and map sensor for the emanage. 

 

Scotty does the Link

Jez does the Adaptronic

And I am working on stock ecu rom tunes.

 

It really depends what you want from the car. 

Thanks for reply, Actually car is bone stock for the moment, i know both ecus and even more represented adaptronic in my region, but looking budget option like on stock ecu or even emenage which i can do easily but still looking for some light mods, also i wanted to check the car on dyno but DD we have only rear wheel drive and does stagea supports to have full torque on rear maybe fuse remove or something like this?

more details for stock ecu rom tunes?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KiwiRS4T    481
2 hours ago, gurichagtr said:

Thanks for reply, Actually car is bone stock for the moment, i know both ecus and even more represented adaptronic in my region, but looking budget option like on stock ecu or even emenage which i can do easily but still looking for some light mods, also i wanted to check the car on dyno but DD we have only rear wheel drive and does stagea supports to have full torque on rear maybe fuse remove or something like this?

more details for stock ecu rom tunes?    

Pull the front drive shaft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gurichagtr    0
10 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Pull the front drive shaft

Hard way :) Thanks how much normally good condition vq25 shows on dyno ?i mean whp ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
West    50
On 4/2/2017 at 5:08 AM, gurichagtr said:

Hard way  Thanks how much normally good condition vq25 shows on dyno ?i mean whp ???

I made [email protected]

Mods are the usual + hiflow and an Impul ECU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gurichagtr    0
40 minutes ago, West said:

I made [email protected]

Mods are the usual + hiflow and an Impul ECU

U mean big intercooler, exhaust and intake ? 

few question, in tiptronic between changing the gears hitting few time rpm is ok? and how much should stock boost ? my is about one bar is that normal ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
m35stagea    5
3 hours ago, gurichagtr said:

U mean big intercooler, exhaust and intake ? 

few question, in tiptronic between changing the gears hitting few time rpm is ok? and how much should stock boost ? my is about one bar is that normal ?

You're changing gears too late. Increase your rev limiter or change gears alot earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
West    50
On 4/3/2017 at 3:33 PM, gurichagtr said:

U mean big intercooler, exhaust and intake ? 

few question, in tiptronic between changing the gears hitting few time rpm is ok? and how much should stock boost ? my is about one bar is that normal ?

Yes

Speak to Scotty at Scotty Customs, he's stagea (M35) specialist.

http://scottyscustoms.com.au/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ironpaw    11
On 12/8/2016 at 0:30 AM, LenBo said:

Great thread guys, 

I'm In Brisbane and have an M35 ARX four with SVI Gas.  The only guy I've found who's willing to have a go at tuning both petrol and Gas is strongly recommending a UniChip.  Has anyone tried one? Any thoughts??

I mentioned that lots of M35 owners use adaptronic as a piggyback that local tuners can use.  He still thought UniChip would do a better job.   After reading about the complexity of the task, am I setting myself up for fail by going down the road of a unichip? 

Any thoughts appreciated.

Did you get your M35 tuned on LPG?

My old NM35 was tuned on LPG...was running a LPI sytem though. Went pretty good...except for the fact the installers botched the job and put a hole in the floor. Front passenger footwell got soaked everytime it rained...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now