SAU Community

Converting Non Turbo To Turbo Questions.

Gameboy

Hey guys, my funds have dried up for my 30 build but I got a free rb25de + manual and am going to drop it in my sil Im planning on bolting all my turbo gear and hope for the best.

ECU is going to be a z32, Nistune and will get it tuned. What would you say would be the safest power I can get from it? Id be pretty happy with 240 - 260hp.

Edited by Gameboy

Detonation will be your main concern with a high comp turbo engine. If you can get on e85 you may fine, or water/meth.... Keep the boost on the low side for longevity as the cylinder pressures will be massive.

It might be a good idea to swap to some decent head bolts and an MLS gasket while it's out of the car if you plan to push it hard.

Nah dont plan to push it hard but then again, whats considered pushing it? Id be happy with 230hp tbo. I know its a non turbo motor so im not expecting crazy figures. Anything would be better than the non turbo ca18 thats in there atm lol

Wow. How can you go from planning an rb2530 build to being happy with 230hp? :)

I just want it to be safe but if I can get it to be safe with even more power, than thats ok to :P Removed the old shitty CA last night will start putting the 25 in tonight. Its to freakin hot to do it during the day :(

Also, anyone who has done a rb in a sil kept the A\C? I love my A\C.

Yeah not using stock turbo. Will def get it tuned and might look into e85. I dont drive much so I dont mind the extra fuel consumption.

Edited by Gameboy

I cannot see the sense in fitting an iron block inline six for 230 horsepower , upset the chassis balance and cooling system for something than can be done with a twoish litre four cylinder . Still can't work out why people hate KA24 twin cam engines . Good enough for Nissan .

Maybe because KAs are ute and Bluebird (yuck!) motors.

ditch the RB if all you want is 230hp and just put an SR20 in it. That will make that power pretty damned easily

Putting an Rb into a Silvia is a nightmare as keeping it cool is difficult. An SR is no problems though

I have, kept the AC. I reused the CA condenser and fitted the lines to the RB20 compressor.

However, keeping the car cool is another thing. There's not enough airflow so each time the AC went on, the water temp shot up.

In the end, ended up ditching the AC and set the fans to push instead of pull.

well guys no point in this thread anymore as the timing belt snapped and bent valves. Shit happens. I got the engine for free anyway but still f**ked...back to my original plan now. Time to save for my forgies and finally finish my 25/30 build.