SAU Community

N/a 2Jz R34

Tugg

Hey everyone,

So this is my first post, but not my first forum. I've searched this for a while now and havent come up with anything.

I LOVE the r34. Everything about it. My plan is to get an ENR34 Coupe. I would like the AWD because 1. It's AWD ;) 2. I live in Canada, and would like the AWD because I will probably have to drive the car in snow. So I was wondering, would it be possible/practical to throw an N/A 2jzge into the r34? Or would it make more sense to save up and just turbo the RB? I don't want a lot of power, I previously drove a 2000 Acura TL (or Honda Inspire. Excuse my ignorance, I don't know if you guys in Australia go by the Japanese names or Americanized). Anyway, that car had a Vtec J32 pushed about 225hp (sorry I dont know the conversion to KW) and it wasn't the fastest, but I liked it. So I don't need Godzilla, I just love the look of the Skyline. Now I know the 2jz is a great motor that you can pull a good amount of power out of with just bolt ons. I also know the rb25 n/a is the opposite lol. So what do you guys think? 2jz with bolt ons, or low boosted rb25?

• Like 1

Probably best to go a c32b from nsx, not much torque for getting off the line easier and powah of vtec for the top end in case your mum tries to race you in her Volkswagen kombi

Hmm 2jz on a AWD drivetrain. Not gonna work well, gonna be dumping a load of cash. If you love the r34 so much you probably wouldnt be wanting to sabotage that nissan integrity witha 2jz. Probably better off finding a stagea with a rb25det, and doing a swap. If i were you, id probably just go r34 GTR, its not over the top powerful from factory (320hp?), In fact its actually average for a turbo charged car, it just known to have huge potential for power with minor mods/cost.

Why not get a factory AWD and save yourself the hassle of a transplant? Namely, R34 25GT GT-Four with RB25DE, if you specifically want N/A and four wheel drive. They have 200hp/147kw completely stock.

Oh I'd love a GTR but I can't afford it, and I'd probably never get insured here lol. Anyway, V28VX37, my plan is to get a factory awd skyline gt-4, id just like to know the best (and least expensive) way to get about 300hp out of it. From what I've read, it seems like its gonna be costly to get an rb25 to that point. So I thought about swapping to a faster n/a motor, again, cost factor (instead of swapping to something like 26dett. too much $$). Or, how much would I be looking at to get the rb25 to about 300hp? Bc like Deza said, I would like to keep the motor nissan ;)

• Like 1

^+1

I read on a thread here, that the word (including pictures) on the Stagea/AWD RB25DET is that the block is direct copy of the RB26DETT, due to the AWD sump not working with the RWD RB25DET block. Apparently the series 2 has the same rods as the RB26DETT as well.

The series 2 C34 NEO setup would be the go. 206kw (276bhp) at the crank standard. Turbo spool about 1800RPM full boost about 2200rpm with lots more potential!

Don't know what mine is putting out, but I run it at 10.5psi with a decent (GFB G-Force II) electronic boost controller, a HKS panel filter & a Kakimoto 3 1/4" cat back (way to big & not benecificial I know). Nistune is the next thing on the cards, as it's a daily.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...