SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

At one stage that's all insurance on the gtr was for me cause I could afford to just go buy another one for 8k with a blown engine, now that they're worth a lot more I want to actually be able to replace it with another one if something happens 

Yeah saw that one, either insurance or woman driver thought the dash cam driver hit her (instead of her hitting the kerb) and her friend in front was being typical yellah habib.

I got my renewal last week, only insured for $25k dammit. If my car is ever damaged/written off, I'm out of the game :( .

3 hours ago, Birds said:

Someone explain to me how that scam is supposed to work? You conveniently get a phone photo of a car that hit you with no damage to it?

I'm only making an assumption here. Husband (Skyline) and Wife (4WD) are talking on the phone. Wife tells Husband someone just rear ended me. She pulls over. Dash cam continues to drive off because person in 4WD is a f**king idiot. 

Husband thinks dash cam is trying to do a runner so he blocks them and tried to take a photo. 

I dunno, to me it did look dodgy. But it's possible he was just trying to record their rego. 

Yeah it sounds like the woman in four wheel drive thought she got hit from behind rather than her hitting a curb...likely because she was distracted on the phone to her husband at the time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Birds said:

Yeah it sounds like the woman in four wheel drive thought she got hit from behind rather than her hitting a curb...likely because she was distracted on the phone to her husband at the time.

maybe already had a ding in the back from parking or a previous accident and setting the bloke up to pay for it or she did what you said, either way, wankers!

19 minutes ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

maybe already had a ding in the back from parking or a previous accident and setting the bloke up to pay for it or she did what you said, either way, wankers!

This was my thoughts 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 6:12 AM, ShortCircuit said:

Is this happening at a certain date or just when our current policies run out? 

Some renewals are creeping through now, but with zero increase in sum insured.

• Like 1

Got a renewal notice. Premium went up from $716 to $830 a year 60k insured value for an ADM with an under 25 driver listed. Not impressed with the increase tbh

also an excess of $300

Edited by 21PC