SAU Community

Worst Modifying Experience

Nismo 3.2ish

Put in 2nd hand coilovers to find out one was blown and spring rates were higher than they were supposed to be.
made for a very unstable ride, very unsettling when the back ends skips sideways when traveling straight.

Put in 2nd hand coilovers to find out one was blown and spring rates were higher than they were supposed to be.

made for a very unstable ride, very unsettling when the back ends skips sideways when traveling straight.

especially if you are gunning it :(

my worst experience was not a modification, pulled an early model (I think about 1950 ish)Fiat convertible motor down put a new head gasket on, start it up and it would run for a minute and conk out, did this 3 times until I found a tinny tube in my pocket, stuffed around and found out where it came from and away in went.

Next day I went to work and on the way home a cement truck came through a stop sign and I went through a ladies brick front fence, through the windscreen and ended up on the bonnet.

Got off the bonnet , the lady came out of the house, had one look at me and fainted, shit I was feeling OK until then,haha

I win this thread. I don't even need to type.

Hi Greg

It must have been bad if you cannot talk about it :(

This is not a shop bashing thread, do not mention the builders name, just might help someone out if we talk about things that went wrong and why.

Pete

true story rant...

Took the advice of many and bought a set of Five-O Motorsport Redrilled High Flowed Garbage Side Feed Injectors. They were absolutely shit.. was unable to get a stable idle at the factory idle RPM and unable to get my AFRs to stoich.. Dead times they provided were absolutely rubbish, had to make up my own table to get the car to idle.

Even so, cruise was garbage, economy was garbage.. spray pattern? what pattern?

Anyhow, sold them on Gumtree - then spend $800 and converted to top feed Siemens DEKA IV injectors.. was awesome. I now cruise at 17.2 AFR and it runs perfect...

Moral of the story, side feeds are gay.

I would have thought with all of these power builds and people using the wrong clutches for for the power they have, putting stress on gear boxes, even what seemed to be the right combinations, going POP!

Advised to use the wrong turbo/s , fuel pumps,injectors, driveline, brakes that could not handle the hard driving and a lot of this does not come cheap :(

Then finding the right combinations to make it work for you but I guess it is also down to the driver in a lot of cases.Maybe high power cannot be contained for long ?

As a newbie at this, there seems so many different right ways to do everything and that also means many wrong ways to get what you want??????

I am and still trying to get the combination right to make me happy, taking out new parts, shit even a complete new forged RB26 bottom end, new Poncams B and other parts, maybe when you start doing these mods you are never happy and that is a worry , well :)

Fitted a bee*r rev limiter. Not to be hectic and spit flames, but because didnt want PFC fuel cut ruining the motor...

Read lots of hate on the net but thought if im just using it for ignition cut, how bad could it be?

Other than not working properly (doesnt like pulsar distributor+EFI setup), its made a mess of loom before the ECU.

Then my motor died from oil issues anyway. Good times.