SAU Community

Rb25det highly modified

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help. I am looking at buying a skyline. I’m a newbie to skylines completely. It’s highly modified running 600bhp. Spec is brilliant can post if need be. My main question is. How many miles will it last? I won’t be thrashing it. I’ll be servicing regularly. Will I do a 100k miles? What will need replacing ? What can go majorly wrong? Sorry for all the questions. Cheers guys. 

Well, the good news is that 600hp is more like mildly modified these days, so if it has been done properly it should last a while.

Details of what has been changed (and what hasn't, and how many klm) might help provide specific guidance

• Thanks 1

Reason for sale is just want to free some funds .. don’t need to sell it so keep your shit offers x

Spec is as follows..

R33 GTST 850BHP 

Shell on 85000 KM 
Engine on about 2500Miles

DRIVETRAIN:
Fully built Spec 2 RB25
Cylinder head FULLY ported 20hours+ labour
BC bronze valve guides
Brand new RB26 Crank
Manley Turbo Tuff Rods
RB26 CP 87mm Pistons 
ARP head and main studs
Tomei head gasket
Tomei pon Cams
Supertech valve spring kit
Tomei timing belt
Ross 36 -2 trigger kit 
Tomei Billet oil pump
6 boost manifold 
G30-900 turbo
Turbo smart 50mm wastegate
Full 3.5” exhaust
Genuine greddy inlet manifold 
Bosch 82mm DBW 
ID1050x injectors
Bosch knock sensors
Super forma head drain kit
Baffled sump
Superforma oil housing take of plate
GREX filter relocation
Mocal oil cooler
Koyo 52mm radiator
Orc 659D twin plate clutch
350z gearbox conversion with serial 9 shifter
Vibratechnic engine mounts
Vibratechnic gearbox mount
ARP bolts throughout 

FUEL SYSTEM:
Stock tank with walbro 255 lift pump
Nuke 3L swirl pot with walbro 525primary / 450secondary
All fuel lines are PTFE methanol safe 
Bosch motorsport fuel filter
Radium fuel rail
ID1050x injectors
Tomei type L FPR
Continental ethanol content sensor

SUSPENSION AND BRAKES:
Full super pro poly bushed
All drift works adjustable arms
All arms have been powder coated
Reinforced rear subframe with white line bushes
K sport 8 pot front brakes
K sport 4 pot rear brakes
GKTECH hidden hydro utilising factory handbrake
GKTECH master cylinder stopper
SHIT BRONZE ROTAS

SHELL:
One of the cleanest completely untouched R33 shells to exist 
0 welding repairs and none needed
Engine bay shit blasted and painted in midnight purple with purple flake
Car is painted in gunmetal with subtle sparkle
Knight racer carbon bonnet 
GTR fibre glass front bumper
Spec M side skirts
GTR Rear spats

Syvecs S7+ Tuned by MB AUTOMOTIVE
FULL FLEX FUEL TUNED FOR 35% METHANOL 
Full custom wiring loom 
Haltech IC7 dash

Makes a genuine 850 BHP 35% on methanol
710 BHP on petrol 
Figures are from my own dyno at Motion AutoWorks, which has been reliable proven time and time again

Think I’ve listed everything.. probs missed loads as very high spec car

14 minutes ago, Benrobinson said:

That is the spec. @Ben C34 is that  serious reply , because that is what I’m worried about I want to enjoy it. I don’t want it to be in the garage every 5 mins. I will obviously drive it properly but Am not going to be hitting the limter every time I drive it 

I would say it's a serious reply. 

Assuming the car is built well, how long till you experience breakages is 100% down to how the car is driven.

If you use it on the street and drive around like a cop is following you, the car will last a looooong time. 

If you are driving it in anger or using it on the track.... you might break something on your first event. 

Consider this, proper track cars at that power level (850HP), that are raced over the year, might do what 8 events in total? If nothing broke, they would still have the engine pulled down and inspected each year. 

So yeah, 850HP from a 2.5L engine, the engine is a consumable item. If you use it, you consume it. It's up to you how long it lasts. And also, if the car is driven hard, expect to be regularly replacing that gearbox and the driveshafts if they are stock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benrobinson said:

Reason for sale is just want to free some funds .. don’t need to sell it so keep your shit offers x

Whats this about? You selling it or just bought it?

Looks like it has a lot of good parts but that doesn't mean shit if the builder was a monkey. How do you know its been built well?

Buying a modified (mild or more) car will always be fraught with danger, you have no idea the competency of the mechanic (or maybe you do?).

600hp is a lot for the street, if it is to be a street car and driven as such then you're more likely to be fine over the long run.

• Like 1

I'm also assuming this is heaps of cash. If you arent planning to actually thrash it, seriously why buy it?

It's hard to not worry about stuff breaking with modified cars. Stuff breaks. If you don't want stuff to break you leave them alone.

As with anything there is no replacement for going and actually seeing what the car actually is instead of what some seller dreamed up. Lots of UK cars that are supposedly immaculate but all the attention is on the exterior paint and nothing for the underbody. These cars are crazy expensive to fix between Nissan doubling the price of R chassis parts every year and the rarity of competent mechanics for these cars. They aren't that complicated but most mechanics seemingly have none of the equipment or experience to fix OBD1 cars anymore.

@Ben C34 @robbo_rb180 @BK @GTSBoy @PranK @Murray_Calavera  morning all I am in the UK. Thanks for all your replies. 
sorry for posting on your forum but the UK ones are shite.  
The person who built the engine is one of the best in the uk to my knowledge. I am not going to be using the 850hp on methanol. I’ll be using a safe 500/600hp. Won’t be thrashing it. Why because I want to look after it. Why am I buying it? Because who doesn’t want a skyline ?! The whole car is immaculate. Underneath paintwork everything. Can I add pictures here ? 

the main reason for the thread was. I wanted to know weather I’m going to spend every weekend in the garage or can I actually enjoy this car? will this car do 100k miles. If not what will need replacing. I not a drifter. Nor am I a crazy Driver. 

again thanks guys all responses are helpful negative or positive. Cheers.