SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

I will ask, maybe it is the old one just sitting there, I do not think he would use a gasket that is not good enough for the job ?

Seen enough of them leak to not use them.

In a perfect world if the manifold flange and the turbo housing are dead flat then single layer one would be fine......but it is not always a perfect world.

Seen enough of them leak to not use them.

In a perfect world if the manifold flange and the turbo housing are dead flat then single layer one would be fine......but it is not always a perfect world.

I doubt he would something that would stuff the job to save a $ , that does not seem to be what he does , if he did use the gasket I would say it is dead flat :)

• Like 1

The 6 Boobs mani looks the biz.

Is that a single layer gasket sitting on there Pete......? Tell however speced that to stop being a cheap bastard and put a good multi layer one on like a Permaseal.

He uses Silicone for the gasket

Almost like he has done one or two before

Spot on, guess it is that RTV Silicone :)

He is going slowly through my car and sorting out what he thinks will get the best results and I cannot wait to see / feel the difference the changes make.

People around here are acting like Jez is a noob.

Such noobs

Once he told me he was using Silicone I had to Google it, I did not know they had a Silicone that could handle that much heat, so learnt a little more today :)

So manifold is in and looking pretty.

Turbo going on?

Turn the wick up yet?

Should be on the Dyno very soon

The wick up, I hope so , especially in the response zone, E85 and the boost controller should let me turn it up on demand :yes: But I cannot use the top end power now , well a little, unless I start going to Sydney and have some fun on track days for dummies :cheers:

"You cannot use the top end power"?

You can it just may get you into some trouble.

It is easy enough to get into enough trouble with an old VW :)

But these Rs can get you into BIGGER trouble :spank:

Edited by Nismo 3.2ish

People around here are acting like Jez is a noob.

Such noobs

I wouldn't know Jez from a bar of soap, but if he is using shit products like cheap single layer gaskets on a high end build like this I thought I would comment.

......sorry I thought this was a forum?