SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

They are a good thing Pete but the welding is crap. Not to say its not good enough to do the job but being a welder im pretty fussy and i think its substandard.

After the design is sorted, the welding is the major factor, if they are not welded by a robot I guess it is down to the bloke doing the job on the day.

Apparently they have they been making these manifolds for a while, you would think they could get the welding down pat by now?

It's to late now don't you think?

With some people liking it and others not are down to personal taste, whether they got a dodgy mani, application and a million other factors.

It is better than that Swiss cheese mani you had

You seem down on everything and everybody, nark down a notch or 2, CHILL :cheers:

Yes it's too late now for me, yes it will be better than the Swiss cheese model I have and a good one is better than a bad one, duh :/

I asked for blokes that have had them or know first hand what they are like so I understand what I should expect from this product.

I would also like to know if there are boost benefits with them , you know , helpful stuff, informative input. :)

You seem down on everything and everybody, nark down a notch or 2, CHILL :cheers:

Yes it's too late now for me, yes it will be better than the Swiss cheese model I have and a good one is better than a bad one, duh :/

I asked for blokes that have had them or know first hand what they are like so I understand what I should expect from this product.

I would also like to know if there are boost benefits with them , you know , helpful stuff, informative input. :)

My point was, take everything with a grain of salt.

6boost have a lifetime warranty against cracking, so there's that.

I had a chat to Jez about this car, interesting story. Cant wait till its back on the road. :cheers:

Yes Mitch, there have been some strange going ons with this build and after a while it becomes normal to find something else is stuffed up ,lol

Trouble is , who's life do 6Boost base the warranty on , I guess if it is mine I will not have to worry about it, haha

I think things are very close to a much better outcome, the car is in pretty good nick , so all good :no:

You seem to like making cuts before you sprinkle the salt :goodnight:

Haha, you guys have a love-hate relationship eh?

So many people run 6boost manifolds and have done for years, probably because they're relatively cheap and easily accessible. Are they the best? Perhaps not, but they definitely get the job done. I've got a 6boost manifold, I've had boost creep issues and my tuner reckons it's down to the design of the manifold though it's certainly not bad enough to warrant me going out and buying a different one from Full Race / Raw Brokerage / whatever else is out there. I think you will be more than happy with the manifold, I certainly wouldn't spend any time worrying about it and I'm sure that once it's bolted to your motor you will give zero thoughts to it ever again.

Haha, you guys have a love-hate relationship eh?

So many people run 6boost manifolds and have done for years, probably because they're relatively cheap and easily accessible. Are they the best? Perhaps not, but they definitely get the job done. I've got a 6boost manifold, I've had boost creep issues and my tuner reckons it's down to the design of the manifold though it's certainly not bad enough to warrant me going out and buying a different one from Full Race / Raw Brokerage / whatever else is out there. I think you will be more than happy with the manifold, I certainly wouldn't spend any time worrying about it and I'm sure that once it's bolted to your motor you will give zero thoughts to it ever again.

haha, there is no love there, well, except for his car, nice ride :)

I am not worried about any of it, I just like to ask question. I know shit all and that has been the only way I can learn any of this and there is so much to learn. I have had a few problems but do not let it get me down, it is just the time factor, it is frustrating when you get your car back and it is not as good as it should be and in it goes again :/

The major problem for me with forums are the conflicting opinions , so like most people, I then tend to listen to like minded people who have the sort of car that interests me.

What you have said is what I have come to understand.the 6boost brand is pretty good for the price but there are others that could be better.

They are more designed more for racing than street arent they... the runners are much larger than a stock mani and the gate at a 90deg angle which isnt optimal for boost control... To me they seem like a large 4 into 1 extractor that V8's would use for top end and big power...

But with 3L you got plenty of gas to flow anyway...

Edited by AngryRB

Well you say better - lets see the results when you finally get it back because i have not been impressed. :P

RIPS are wanting motive DVD to do a direct bottom end swap with a RB30 to prove to all what is better on the road/track/dyno.

For some reason I already believe the RB30 will be better.

I am interested.

Edited by Stixbnr32

Hi Brent, the good thing is we are both not impressed but we will see.

There are some pretty handy 3.2l out there, better than the 3.0 , guess it depends on the builder and $s spent ?? but I do not care, just want the car running as it should and be able to drive again :)

Well you say better - lets see the results when you finally get it back because i have not been impressed. :P

RIPS are wanting motive DVD to do a direct bottom end swap with a RB30 to prove to all what is better on the road/track/dyno.

For some reason I already believe the RB30 will be better.

I am interested.

What's there to prove, A VL block with same setup boost will come in earlier and off boost there will be more torque. What Andrew did was great and just reconfirmed what Mines did all those years ago.

People have been changing diff ratios for a 100 years to make their cars accelerate faster. Nothing new.

Good! Tell jez to wind the wick up :)

I know I am a boring old fart but I have not tried to turn the wick up, well up top, but with a shit load of torque, 900Nm you would think it would burn a little rubber from 6000rpm, not just a skip .

I am sure it felt stronger going from 7000rpm as a 2.6 , STOP! I do not want to hear it , hahaha