SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

30 rear 32 front, it is what you have to run with these tyres to get even contact across the tread

We will see 100 pages one way or another dam it :rant: lol

Dont worry mate I enjoy the info while I am waiting for my job to be finished and Paul is back in action, all good :yes: :yes:

You seen GTRNUR's results in the build thread pete, seems relevent to your situation some what, a 6466 that was maxing out with 98 at around 380ish , but he's getting full boost much earlier than your 4000rpm goal ...

When did his get full boost, I will try to find it later but I do not mind maxing out under 380 kw and I am hoping for full boost under 4000rpm and think we will get it, but my expectations so far in the modifying world have been less than met, lol

Full boost at 4600rpm seems late and hopefully with the cams and cat tweaked, the 6boost manifold , a new tune???

30 rear 32 front, it is what you have to run with these tyres to get even contact across the tread

We will see 100 pages one way or another dam it :rant: lol

20-22 was best results on my street tyres

28 psi was at 3300 I believe. That's a 6466 with a 1.00 rear.

I'm not sure about that as the dyno wasn't logging RPM. When it had the 18lb gate springs installed it would easily get to 18lb at around 3200.

To get some control though, I changed the setup to use twin port boost control with the gates and am using 10lb gate springs instead. This is bringing boost on a little slower, so probably 3500 to 20lb and I have no idea where it gets full boost as my eyes are on the road instead.

Pete's setup should be all on around 3500-3700 at most.

• Like 1

20-22 was best results on my street tyres

Different tyres respond differently to different pressure, cause these things a 30 series they rely on tread grip as there is very little sidewall so no flex so I need to get even pressure across the tread for best traction, it also means they need heat to work and that is something I can not do in 4WD at the drag strip on a 10deg night :(

they are not the best thing for drag racing or standing starts but awsome for circiut use

I'm not sure about that as the dyno wasn't logging RPM. When it had the 18lb gate springs installed it would easily get to 18lb at around 3200.

To get some control though, I changed the setup to use twin port boost control with the gates and am using 10lb gate springs instead. This is bringing boost on a little slower, so probably 3500 to 20lb and I have no idea where it gets full boost as my eyes are on the road instead.

Pete's setup should be all on around 3500-3700 at most.

yes, eyes on the road once it's on, no sightseeing , lol.

Had a bit of a look at those 6Boost Manifolds, seem like a nice unit.

Hard to find a lot of info, anyone used the 6boost or knows about them.

From what I can work out, it is the way the 6 pipes all come together and there is no real disruption of the exhaust flow ( not sure about the wording) :/

Thanks, I should have opened my PC as this laptop really is difficult at times searching on SAU, I cannot login directly or get PMs or Notifications ????

So it seems like everything, some think something is great and others think it is crap ,haha

It's to late now don't you think?

With some people liking it and others not are down to personal taste, whether they got a dodgy mani, application and a million other factors.

It is better than that Swiss cheese mani you had

They are a good thing Pete but the welding is crap. Not to say its not good enough to do the job but being a welder im pretty fussy and i think its substandard.

• Like 2