SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

I'm looking at a time factor and this car hasn't been running as a 3.2 all that long and cracks like that don't happen over night, maybe not at turbo change, that gets benefit of doubt but from stroker kit and retune for sure it was cracked, to what degree is the question

• Like 1

Are you sure they didn't is what I'm saying? Who said the cracks were there when it was a 2.6?

Forget when it was a 2.6, maybe thats when it started to pack up ?

It has only been a 3.2 for a blink and it has been stuffed from the first time I drove it hard ish, the next morning after the final tune. I ran it in over 2000klms.

I would think that the holes and cracks could have contributed to the problems with the tune, something was making it difficult to tune it properly , just guessing as I have no idea what a stuffed manifold would do, I have never had one on a car of mine.

I guess the final tune will give us an idea, maybe it was a combination of factors?

But I think it will be a good result :cheers:

Agree to disagree. They look very fresh. No carbon build up on some of those probably indicate less than 100km of driving

This is a pic of the inside of the manifold, tell me what's missing or are you saying this is a fresh manifold ?

post-36620-0-29823400-1438328072_thumb.jpg

Or did you not think Jez would clean the manifold to see the cracks better

• Like 2

Forget when it was a 2.6, maybe thats when it started to pack up ?

It has only been a 3.2 for a blink and it has been stuffed from the first time I drove it hard ish, the next morning after the final tune. I ran it in over 2000klms.

:

This is probably when it cracked because it's the first time it really saw the extremes. On the dyno temps are pretty well controlled and the manifold doesn't have the stresses exerted on it like those seen on the road.

No big deal just change the mani and hope that everything else is in order.

This is probably when it cracked because it's the first time it really saw the extremes. On the dyno temps are pretty well controlled and the manifold doesn't have the stresses exerted on it like those seen on the road.

That sounds good but in theory about first time extreme driving BUT when I got it back it was limited to 5000rpm, put about 2000klm on it, took it back for the final tune, the next day when I took it for a run while I was still in Sydney it would not go over 6000rpm without coughing and farting, phoned them and they said bring it back on Monday, so I booked in for a couple more days. Had the re tune and drove home.

Next day I had a chance to see how it went, it would not go over 6000rpm without coughing and farting, told them,put another set of plugs in , 2nd set, he did a remote tune but the next time I tried to drive it hard, same shit and waited 3 months, back in, 1 month later got it back.

If you saw the Dyno, the psi dropped from 23 to 18.5 from 4500rpm to 7000rpm. I could feel it , Mick could feel it. But it was not farting anymore at 6000rpm,

So there was no way it had EXTREME anything as it was only up to 8000rpm once when Mick drove it to test it out. It was taken to 8000rpm MANY times on the Dyno with a fan blowing air to cool it, extreme?

I do not know why things are as they are, but they are. The builder was helpful all the way through this trouble but I cannot help thinking, when it came to really trying to find the problem they missed everything?

I know you're reverting back to your 1st suspicion of high manifold and turbine pressures but when Pete drops the next bombshell you can 100% eliminate your theory ;)

That and the fact the poor bugger has never been able to flog his car since he's had it to put it into any kind of extreme conditions as such :(

I said it is more controlled. Read what I typed.

I read u say rubbish to a comment about car getting hotter on the dyno than the road, im asking you to explain why??

Maybe u read what i typed

So im interested to know why, can u explain

• Like 1

Its got nothing to do with the car getting hotter, its got to do with the stresses applied to the manifold through driving.

The environment is totally different.

The fact a dyno run only lasts for 10 secs max with the bonnet open and a blower on and everything being monitored with no other forces except for engine twist....

As opposed to an hour of relative extreme driving with interrupted air flow from traffic and lower speeds causing issues with under bonnet temps. Then you have bumps and forces and shock forces applied to the Mani from the turbo, waste gate, intake pipe and the movement of the dump and exhaust, together with the twisting of the engine. All these stresses while you have got hot steel under pressure that is probably not in the best condition will absolutely cause the Mani to crack and fatigue as opposed to relatively no forces on the dyno.

so taking that into account,

it's safe to say that the cracks formed after the initial tune from CRD that wasn't a good tune to begin with. Then problems with the tune started to escalate until Pete had enough and told CRD to stick it and decided to see Jez who had gone through a proper diagnosis checklist and found some problems and the cracks in the manifold?

Again, sorry to hear about your misfortune with this whole build Peter. One day very soon it will all be over and you'll be able to drive happily everyday.

• Like 1

so taking that into account,

it's safe to say that the cracks formed after the initial tune from CRD that wasn't a good tune to begin with. Then problems with the tune started to escalate until Pete had enough and told CRD to stick it and decided to see Jez who had gone through a proper diagnosis checklist and found some problems and the cracks in the manifold?

Again, sorry to hear about your misfortune with this whole build Peter. One day very soon it will all be over and you'll be able to drive happily everyday.

No problem Tom

On the positive side , have to wait until the 6boost mani comes in , installed and the tune done, I can assure you you will have a laugh at the end of this saga and shake your head at the final disclosure and will understand that there was another reason why I had so much trouble trying to get response from the time it was a 2.6 :)

I have copped some shit from a few blokes and most of it was/is very funny and I love it , keep it up :kiss:

No problem Tom

On the positive side , have to wait until the 6boost mani comes in , installed and the tune done, I can assure you you will have a laugh at the end of this saga and shake your head at the final disclosure and will understand that there was another reason why I had so much trouble trying to get response from the time it was a 2.6 :)

I have copped some shit from a few blokes and most of it was/is very funny and I love it , keep it up :kiss:

Why hold back if you already know why?