SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

It shouldnt matter if they were "looking" for it or not.

when it ran like it did they should have picked it up - detonation, cracked manifold.

Poor workmanship and unprofessional service when getting back to the owner.

Horrible.

Jez obviously thought something else was wrong and looked. That is good work.

Jez waited for the surge tank, then installed it, not looking for anything at that time and then started going over the car eliminating possible problems , fixing them , crossed them off and moved on to the next possibility , the manifold was the next on the list.

There is more to tell but I will wait until we get it on the dyno and see how it goes, it is something that is harder to believe.

So tune in for the next exciting episode of " Will it ever end" an absorbing story of an old man sewing his last oats , will he ever see the results or drop dead first :unsure:

• Like 1

So did they install and remove the manifold onto his motor with a f**ken blindfold on did they?! Look at the pics even Stevie wonder could see those cracks and holes! It took Jez 2 weeks because its sitting under the bonnet of a car now not sitting on an engine stand.

Were CRD looking at it on an engine stand? My guess is no, they weren't looking for hard to find cracks, as Jez didnt find them for 2weeks? Plus its all second hand parts and it went back to get the tune fixed, not the engine out?

There's nothing saying the cracks were there when the used part went back on.

We all know cheap manifolds, even non cheap tomei manifolds crack.

• Like 1

So did they install and remove the manifold onto his motor with a f**ken blindfold on did they?! Look at the pics even Stevie wonder could see those cracks and holes! It took Jez 2 weeks because its sitting under the bonnet of a car now not sitting on an engine stand.

Oh, you have the selective reading bug too.

Were CRD looking at it on an engine stand? My guess is no, they weren't looking for hard to find cracks, as Jez didnt find them for 2weeks? Plus its all second hand parts and it went back to get the tune fixed, not the engine out?

There's nothing saying the cracks were there when the used part went back on.

We all know cheap manifolds, even non cheap tomei manifolds crack.

Sticking up for a workshop that was employed on 2 separate occasions to find a problem with the car after the build. And didn't. Just slapped a bandaid on it.

Sticking up for a workshop that was employed on 2 separate occasions to find a problem with the car after the build. And didn't. Just slapped a bandaid on it.

Nope, from everything I've read it went In to get a retune because everyone on here told Pete the tune is bad.

Not to fix an exhaust leak.

I'm not saying its right, I'm saying that there is no evidence at this stage to show that those holes were in the manifold when it was originally put on.

Jez hasn't even made it miraculously make more power and more response yet. So lets wait and see if it was the tune after all.

There is more to tell but I will wait until we get it on the dyno and see how it goes, it is something that is harder to believe.

Looking forward to this episode, but will probably be the final ep of season 2...

Edited by MagicMikeZ32
  • Like 1

Nope, from everything I've read it went In to get a retune because everyone on here told Pete the tune is bad.

Not to fix an exhaust leak.

I'm not saying its right, I'm saying that there is no evidence at this stage to show that those holes were in the manifold when it was originally put on.

Jez hasn't even made it miraculously make more power and more response yet. So lets wait and see if it was the tune after all.

No mate, it went back because it would not rev over 6000rpm without coughing and farting. It would not free rev at 5000rpm + without a miss and if you went from 100kph into 5th gear and put your foot down it would die at 130 until you took your foot off.

I can assure you no one had to tell me it was crook.

It was the other way around, after I came back from the shop the last time,, with blokes saying I am a DH because I said it did not run the way it should and until XKLABA drove it and said the same thing, that anyone listened to my bleating :)

Could the cracks and holes in the manifold make the boost start dropping off at 4600rpm ?

You wait for the final tune and see what I revel :woot:

• Like 1

Some funky shit would be happening with that Swiss manifold.

I'm going to say that it won't even be in the same league with a good mani

Had a look at your build, love the car, colours great :wub:

Looks like you are still spending $s and loving it :)

If you can put a car on a dyno with that manifold and run it up while car is stationary and not pick the exhaust leak you shouldn't be working on cars, when I looked at the car I had a quick look in the engine bay with it idling listing at the cams from the drivers side and I'm disappointed I didn't pick it up

CRD did the original turbo change and didn't check the manifold then a full engine build porting head and still didn't check the manifold and even us forum users know these manifolds crack and they do this day in day out and still didn't check it :/

Those cracks look pretty fresh to me. If they were there from when you said then there would be a lot more carbon build up around the areas especially the flanges, but everywhere really. So that's why crd and xklaba didn't notice it because it wasn't cracked.

Obviously that manifold is seeing pretty extreme pressure and heat to do that. You would expect that to occur in a higher than normal back pressure situation either from a turbine side or exhaust restriction.

Looks very very fresh in those photos.

If you can put a car on a dyno with that manifold and run it up while car is stationary and not pick the exhaust leak you shouldn't be working on cars, when I looked at the car I had a quick look in the engine bay with it idling listing at the cams from the drivers side and I'm disappointed I didn't pick it up

CRD did the original turbo change and didn't check the manifold then a full engine build porting head and still didn't check the manifold and even us forum users know these manifolds crack and they do this day in day out and still didn't check it :/

Are you sure they didn't is what I'm saying? Who said the cracks were there when it was a 2.6?