SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

There have been a few things, the latest V V V

My manifold could be used for a colander there are so many cracks and holes in it, sounds like a whorehouse,lol

Going to put a 6 boost manifold on.

Should help not having all of those holes and cracks hurting response and power as the exhaust pulse/pressure is escaping before it reaches the turbine

Was your current swiss cheese manifold a single gate Pete?

Is Jez going to put a twin wastegate manifold on it?

You will pick up some nice response gains having a proper twin scroll setup. I cant believe that those clowns at that last "workshop" didnt see that!

Also surprised Mick didn't pick up on the leaks as ive seen the pics and its completely f**ked!

I'm a little suprised also and disappointed in myself about it, but then I was not listening for it and at idle it wasn't noticeable

But the then CRD didn't pick it and either did Jez straight away :/

Having a manifold that doesn't leak like a seeve will help heaps everywhere in the rev range

Thing is though you weren't looking at it on an Engine stand Mick you also didn't have your head under the bonnet while it was being flogged on the dyno (which clearly they didn't either as they would've heard the detonation and the exhaust leaks) They woulda had that thing on and off and woulda been holding the f**ker!

Thats really poor form from those guys! Shows their lack of care!

You can see clear as day where the gases have been pissing out of it.

The number of cracks in it wouldn't of happened since Pete has had the car. The thing has been a mess for quite a while.

I hope everyone that reads this thread takes their money and business elsewhere and tells all their mates to do the same!

Edited by Mick_o
  • Like 4

Thing is though you weren't looking at it on an Engine stand Mick you also didn't have your head under the bonnet while it was being flogged on the dyno (which clearly they didn't either as they would've heard the detonation and the exhaust leaks) They woulda had that thing on and off and woulda been holding the thing!

The number of cracks in it wouldn't of happened since Pete has had the car. The thing has been a mess for quite a while.

I hope everyone that reads this thread takes their money and business elsewhere and tells all their mates to do the same!

Piss poor!

Thing is though you weren't looking at it on an Engine stand Mick you also didn't have your head under the bonnet while it was being flogged on the dyno (which clearly they didn't either as they would've heard the detonation and the exhaust leaks) They woulda had that thing on and off and woulda been holding the f**ker!

Were CRD looking at it on an engine stand? My guess is no, they weren't looking for hard to find cracks, as Jez didnt find them for 2weeks? Plus its all second hand parts and it went back to get the tune fixed, not the engine out?

There's nothing saying the cracks were there when the used part went back on.

We all know cheap manifolds, even non cheap tomei manifolds crack.

It shouldnt matter if they were "looking" for it or not.

when it ran like it did they should have picked it up - detonation, cracked manifold.

Poor workmanship and unprofessional service when getting back to the owner.

Horrible.

Jez obviously thought something else was wrong and looked. That is good work.

It shouldnt matter if they were "looking" for it or not.

when it ran like it did they should have picked it up - detonation, cracked manifold.

Poor workmanship and unprofessional service when getting back to the owner.

Horrible.

Jez obviously thought something else was wrong and looked. That is good work.

What detonation? Has the engine been pulled down?

Were CRD looking at it on an engine stand? My guess is no, they weren't looking for hard to find cracks, as Jez didnt find them for 2weeks? Plus its all second hand parts and it went back to get the tune fixed, not the engine out?

There's nothing saying the cracks were there when the used part went back on.

We all know cheap manifolds, even non cheap tomei manifolds crack.

Lol not sure if serious? You do realise that CRD built the engine right?

Piss poor on their behalf. Glad it's on to Jez and he has found some things.