SAU Community

Japanese Themed Plates Coming To Vicroads?

If this is true, its very very cool.

post-3-0-22404400-1428644214.jpg

I think they look awesome and I kinda feel they should have been here before the 'Aussie' range ....

Aussie%20product%20page%20plates.jpg

I wonder if we'll see the opposite problem to Euro plates on Japanese cars?

Would you get Japanese plates for your car?

post-3-0-22404400-1428644214_thumb.jpg

I think they look awesome and I kinda feel they should have been here before the 'Aussie' range ....

What's the logic in that? We live in Australia...

These will appeal to pretty niche group of people, would be cool to see them in production though.

Those aussie plates are hideous! And probably have an even smaller niche market than jdm plates...

The look awesome! And considering EVERYONE on this forum has whinged about plates not fitting properly...

Wonder if NSW will follow?

Oh but I don't like the jap symbols... looks tacky

The best bit would surely be having the correct size & shape to fit the apertures in rear bumpers without hacking the hell out of them.

• Like 1

Thats disappointing, I didnt realise the writing was fake. :(

sorry i dont know if its fakem i dont know what it sais, maby its correct and propper but its still *to me* like sticking asian kanji on my car thinking im all that.

its still there to "LOOK" jdm.

but im all for properly fitting plates. this is a good thing

The whole concept dovetails with "SAU" > "Importing Cars" > "Auctions of Cars of Japan".

Rationale is that Cars of Japan are manufactured with Quality Control that is arguably second to none. Sure there's been a shift in recent years for the general public to go Euro, but have you ever taken anyone for a drive in your 'rice' machine and your 'shotgun' keeps nodding with approval? Heck, I've even heard neighbours raving about a Thai manufactured Honda and how well made it is. Overseen by Japanese QC of course. So I can see in future, Accord Euros running around with Japanese style plates rather than Euro plates hehe...

Hmmm, I wonder if Korean style plates are in the offing, depending on how these Jap plates go.

From the Hondas I qc'd I doubt anyone took a second look at them, even your accords were put together with what seems like a 5yr old with eye and hand coordination misfortune.

Doubt you Vic guys will be getting these plates as every other state has been talking about them and the picture in which prank posted seems awfully familiar to the others.

I have also liked and voted on nsw plates.

I'd be after A or B.

And why not have a foreign language on our plates?

In nsw, we have hsv and FPV plates.

Euro plates.

Girl plates with high heels on them.

Tattoo plates.

And I'd like to think of Australia as one of the most open and multicultural countries in the world, adding a foreign language will just progress this.

Also, car sales companies can now get (and have for a while) their companies websites and logos on them.

Surprised we haven't got sau plates yet.

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

• Like 1

Man I hate those dealership plates! I'd be pissed if I bought a car with dealer plates because you'd have to pay to replace them.

I'm all for foreign languages on plates but I just can't see them going into production.