SAU Community

Share Your Euro!

PranK

17 minutes ago, whatsisname said:

So I've ended up with another addition to my Euro collection.

It was supposed to become the new daily but I got a bit carried away and now it's another project car. Oops! It arrived as a low kilometre (37k) Stage 2+ tuned car and now I'm half way to turning into a Stage 3 car with some extra goodies.

A set of KW DCCs are due to arrive next week and the APR LPFP and Milltek cat-back to complement to APR downpipe isn't far away. The turbo is a TTE420, so it should make for a fun little FWD toy without turning into a wheel spin machine.    

APR claim 360ish hp (close to 270kW) at Stage 2+ and it feels like a mid to low 12 second car as is (I believe the quickest Stage 2+ Roc in the country is in the high 11s!) so I'm guessing Stage 3 with the TTE420 should be 320kW territory.

And then I bought another daily hack, for under $3k! Not Euro or JDM but it is actually quite nice to drive.   

20190827_143108.jpg

20190806_123241.jpg

20190823_112308.jpg

20190823_112206.jpg

20190826_173354.jpg

20190823_112239.jpg

20190817_183322.jpg

20190817_183441.jpg

Ooh, a Scirocco! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

How did I ever miss this thread? Love it!

Here's the daily, weekender, and casual Type-R/86 chopper.

Since we got this car, I don't even bother taking out the R33. The launch control always makes me smile, especially when the haldex kicks in and you get a thump :D

IMG-20180906-WA0011.thumb.jpg.19bed761ce9644ec9bb0841253f8d979.jpg

(yeah I'm hanging a piss)

Nice! Can't go wrong with a Tig.

A local VW enthusiast I chat with from time to time has a current model 162TSI Sportline with all the fruit! This thing has a TTE475, Stage 3 DSG and ECU tuning, 20" HRE wheels, Alcon 6 pots, makes about 240awkw.      

38 minutes ago, whatsisname said:

Nice! Can't go wrong with a Tig.

A local VW enthusiast I chat with from time to time has a current model 162TSI Sportline with all the fruit! This thing has a TTE475, Stage 3 DSG and ECU tuning, 20" HRE wheels, Alcon 6 pots, makes about 240awkw.      

and his name is Damien lol

The factory brakes are actually pretty tank, but for some reason VW owners don't like running different pads and always end up going larger brakes lol.

I already destroyed these pads by going through Old Pacific Highway twice chasing a few Silvias, even they were surprised :)

Next on the list will be Elig pads, and yes the car is staying stock.. the wife said NO MODS (that's what the shit box R33 is for).

and his name is Damien lol
The factory brakes are actually pretty tank, but for some reason VW owners don't like running different pads and always end up going larger brakes lol.
I already destroyed these pads by going through Old Pacific Highway twice chasing a few Silvias, even they were surprised [emoji4]
Next on the list will be Elig pads, and yes the car is staying stock.. the wife said NO MODS (that's what the shit box R33 is for).

Yep, that's him! Haha.

I went with upgraded rotors and decent pads - Bremtec. The stock brakes are good enough for spirited street use.

I don't know how to "do" stock ha-ha.

I hear you, but 5 year warranty and being VW, I want to be able to make a claim without any road blocks or issues.
I have my POS R33 for mods, but funny enough I enjoy driving the Tiguan so much more.
Yep, fair and sensible call. VAG aren't the most reliable option on the market. Same goes for most Euro brands.

I have to agree with you. The R33 is fun but it's lacking in a few key areas, like DSG paddle shifts.

3 minutes ago, whatsisname said:

I have to agree with you. The R33 is fun but it's lacking in a few key areas, like DSG paddle shifts.

Add to the list: seat warmers, autonomous braking, lane assist, adaptive cruise control, stability control, active dampers, 7 speeds lolol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Count Grantleyish said:

And then I bought another daily hack, for under $3k! Not Euro or JDM but it is actually quite nice to drive.   

Am i the only one that thinks that the Tiburon (that exact model) is one of the best looking coupes that has been manufactured? I genuinely think they are gorgeous and would love to own one myself (i'm particularly partial to red or yellow ones). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Add to the list: seat warmers, autonomous braking, lane assist, adaptive cruise control, stability control, active dampers, 7 speeds lolol

Mmm... seat warmers are so good on those freezing cold winter mornings or late nights. And who doesn't love being able to push a single button to eliminate the harsh ride over a rough stretch of road, or push that same button to tighten things up ready for a nice stretch of enjoyable road.  

2 hours ago, Steve85 said:

Am i the only one that thinks that the Tiburon (that exact model) is one of the best looking coupes that has been manufactured? I genuinely think they are gorgeous and would love to own one myself (i'm particularly partial to red or yellow ones). 

I bought an Aussie SW20 MR2 back in the mid 90s. They are a nice looking coupe, completely impractical though. I had never even considered a Tiburon prior to a couple of weeks ago. I knew they had a reasonably solid little V6 but that was about it. One of my old bosses from my Air Force days owned one from new and loved it. It turns out they are quite a bargain, bang for buck.

The 2.7 litre V6 isn't the most powerful engine (127kW and 245Nm) but the spread of torque is impressive so it has no trouble cruising around town without endless cog swapping. Mine has the ever reliable 6 speed manual. I couldn't help myself, I had to order a CAI kit and upgrade the factory speakers - already had the Sony double DIN touch screen. There must be a decent amplifier in there somewhere because the Infinity 6x9s I fitted the other night have a huge amount of punch!         

I looked at a huge range of stuff in the sub $5,000 price bracket, including plenty of Euros. But reliability and cost of parts becomes a big issue in that price range. The obvious choice was a Toyota, Camry or Corolla. But I couldn't do it. The early-mid 2000s stuff is too bland. Then I noticed the Tiburon and decided to do some research. I paid $2,999 for the blue one. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

My 86 has seat warmers, and, ummmm, nope, that's it.

How F'n good are seat warmers.

Love the Scirocco, the arse end looks awesome

• Like 1

How much did the KW coilovers set you back?? Must have been almost more than the car...

The KW DCCs were $3,390. So yes they did cost more than the Tib. But they're not for that car, they're going in the Roc - which was slight more expensive than $3,390.

That is a mate's rates price. I think they're normally $4+k. Plug and play DCC is cheaper than the DDC ECU version, for obvious reasons.

14 hours ago, admS15 said:

My Q7 has them too. Toasted buns and nuts ftw.

One thing that has steered me away from Audis is the lack of a touch screen!

Using that stupid rotary knob BS and touch pad to enter in an address takes so much time and with the newer ones with Android auto, you need to still use that stupid thing to enter in an address - whereas VW (which falls under the VAG group and shares literally everything) decided to put in a touch screen.

/Rant

lol

• Like 1

Bit the bullet... I'm wrecking my wagon. We dont need two, plus no one would give me any decent money for it with spun bearings ($500 was the highest offer).20190830_152544.jpeg20190830_152520.jpeg20190830_152552.jpeg