SAU Community

Jjr Heater Hose Kit Review ? Legit ?

If you have time i would source a kit from the UK. Its the only place that seems to make the heater hoses for gtst (in silicone hose) think i ordered these from boost junkie or something along those lines

The rest of my hoses are JJR im fairly certain. Its silicone hose, works fine

Oem doesn't leak tho, which if you're happy to have to retighten all the clamps every so often to fix the leaks then yes it worth saving the $350, I am a do it once kind of person

This is from personal experience on my own car

• Like 1

But Cal don't you have a 25, not a 26.

Under the plenum on a 26 is horrendous and you don't want to have to go back to re-tighten anything. (not that you could anyway)

Apart from the coolant hoses, there's the vacuum ones as well.

Stole this pic of a silicone hose install and below that mess are the water/oil cooler hoses.

I bought the Autobahn88 silicone hose set, fitted the easy one across the front of the cam belt and it pushed straight off, diameter just not right.

So that set went in the shed until I can afford OEM.

$350 sounds crazy cheap for OEM though???

post-73571-0-61586300-1429429405_thumb.jpg

But Cal don't you have a 25, not a 26.

Under the plenum on a 26 is horrendous and you don't want to have to go back to re-tighten anything. (not that you could anyway)

Apart from the coolant hoses, there's the vacuum ones as well.

Stole this pic of a silicone hose install and below that mess are the water/oil cooler hoses.

I bought the Autobahn88 silicone hose set, fitted the easy one across the front of the cam belt and it pushed straight off, diameter just not right.

So that set went in the shed until I can afford OEM.

$350 sounds crazy cheap for OEM though???

Ahha i knew there were more hoses but didnt quite realise there were that many more haha. I thought mine was bad even with 1/3 of them deleted.

Lets put it this way. If you buy shit quality hose you'll be doing it again once they split or fall off, lol.

I presume the JJR is okay but the best would be OEM. If you calculate the efforts spent on removing the plenum again to do the job again if the kit fails you'll see why it's worth it.