SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

On 01/11/2023 at 3:19 PM, PranK said:

God damn I wish I'd thought of that. So many kids! 

I started handing out fresh fruit to them, the look on their little faces was priceless

I didn't come up with the idea, I saw it somewhere, but I did roll with it for a few years

Jackie ended up banning me from doing it as it was later being discussed in the local mothers Farcebook group page thingie because some of the kids had a sook

Makes me smile just thinking about it

Fat little shits

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, The Bogan said:

I started handing out fresh fruit to them, the look on their little faces was priceless

I didn't come up with the idea, I saw it somewhere, but I did roll with it for a few years

Jackie ended up banning me from doing it as it was later being discussed in the local mothers Farcebook group page thingie because some of the kids had a sook

Makes me smile just thinking about it

Fat little shits

I dislike Halloween, as I dislike children, and don't want them knocking on my door.

Until I watched this video, and so now I'm getting ideas for Halloween 2024, except zero candy, choosing trick every time...

https://youtu.be/Zb01RStdzEs?feature=shared

Edited by MBS206

13 hours ago, r32-25t said:

I just let the dog answer the door,they get the hint when all they find is a little staffy smiling and wagging its tail on the other side of the door lol

Ha ha ha, I have 3 German Shepherds.

When we aren't home one of them yells at the school kids walking past, so much so my partner has witnessed the kids psyching themselves up to walk past the house.

You knock on the door, all 3 will go be the doorbell. I've already had to replace a front window from a dog going through it...

Thankfully it was due to him playing wrestles with his brother, and not to get the postman or something... Ha ha ha

But definitely didn't want to hear that multiple times during the night while I'm trying to watch TV ha ha

All the fab work is done. I got the cooler piping and intake made up all with genuine Wiggins clamps (believe me they aren’t cheap) also had the blow off valve put on the pipe inside the front bar on the drivers side 

Resized_20231026_170209.thumb.jpeg.401fcb18edd86d04f010af36ff6f7e33.jpegResized_20231026_170206.thumb.jpeg.c978615860b5fcb84d49de24ab6925c7.jpegIMG_9856.thumb.jpeg.ab6054932621f986ad2db7706bdc3995.jpegIMG_9855.thumb.jpeg.bd7a20069402470591891068333204b6.jpeg

• Like 4

Sorry it’s taken so long but I haven’t been well (not sure why)

Unfortunately it’s not a throw off, while the car was at the fabricator/tuner they noticed an oil leak and said they didn’t want to tune the car until it was rectified. the car was towed to the fab shop that did the sump and put on his hoist and we looked for the leak, we determined where the leak was and what had caused it and the engine needed to come out because he didn’t want to weld it on the car.

He then offered me his hoist to pull the engine out which I was very grateful for and the next day arrived tools in hand and remove the engine and gearbox in about 4 hours!! Now, while draining the oil tank I noticed what came out first appeared to be coolant then followed by oil, I undid all the scavenge lines and we noticed there was a milky layer coming out of them as well 😞

once the engine was out and and the sump removed there was clear evidence of coolant in the oil/sump, so the engine was put into my Ute and I took it home to take the manifolds and etc off and dropped to the engine shop. The car was then towed out of the workshop to get it out of the fabricators way 

IMG_9870.thumb.jpeg.da4985d232ca6469bee6f5e5cec73109.jpegIMG_9871.thumb.jpeg.589c3c130eb98f8fb4242721da05b395.jpeg

• Sad 1

Fark…..  Hopefully just something dumb like a missing plug in a gallery or something specific to the billet block.  Hard to imagine what else it could be?  Having not run nothing could be pressurised to force coolant into the oil and vice versa.  Very unusual….  A lot of extra farking around you probably really didn’t feel like doing!

• Like 1

So they took the head off pretty much straight away and pressure tested it both hot and cold and confirmed the head is fine, they are going to pressure test the block but don’t believe there is a way that can cause the issue. 

Block was tested this week and turns out it’s leaking from number 6 sleeve, been told they’ll strip it down to a bare block and and pull the sleeve out to find out why it’s leaking 

It’s a bit of a weird one considering water isn’t supposed to touch the sleeves in these blocks. I’m just glad they found an issue rather then not finding anything and guessing the head gasket just didn’t seal