SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Xforce Varex exhaust systems road worthy? Seem to recall close able valve exhausts not being road worthy for some reason, but double checking given its a standard feature on plenty of cars including mine... Brother is thinking about getting one for his mustang but personally I think it's a waste of money paying for something I'd never use, and more so if it's illegal in itself anyway...

So apart from the possibility of closing it around a cop car in an attempt to avoid being sent to the epa, it has no actual upside if you are sent to the epa... Unless it's under when fully open, in which case it's pretty pointless.

Given my brother is 35 and doesn't hang around the local maccas car park, he'd be better off getting a normal exhaust which is probably cheaper

Factory exhaust technology = road legal cause engineered blah blah and exceptions just like HID in factory cars and Harley Davidsons being ridiculously loud from the dealership.

Aftermarket / varex = technically not legal, even if it's under the limit when open...as far as I know...many cops will treat it as a defectable item.

Workshops...who knows...when I got an EPA done the guy said he had to test it with it open. 107db. So had to remove and put stock exhaust on to clear.

A friend of mine finds their varex useful and uses it all the time, not just around police but for not bothering neighbours late at night or eliminate drone on freeway driving etc. Some people just leave them open full time though. Varex + hotdog mid muffler is a good combo.

You broke the speed limit, why do you think you should get off

Because I'm a law abiding citizen who has drastically improved my driving record in the last 5 years. Rather than get cheaper rego (the logical reward), I get off one minor offence every 2 years

I've been thinking of varex-style solutions because straight pipe SC430 sounds like fun, but obviously only at the right time/place (3UZs are notoriously quiet even with straight pipe, compared to other V8s).

Driving behind one of those Porsche mini SUVs and I noticed the outer exhaust tips have motorised valves in them, if fitted to a cheaper car might be a worthwhile wreckers find.

Because I'm a law abiding citizen who has drastically improved my driving record in the last 5 years. Rather than get cheaper rego (the logical reward), I get off one minor offence every 2 years

Write a letter - admit guilt and misunderstanding. Will get official warning if clean record.

They won't let off anyone who runs a red though

2 hours ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

The manual apexi valves are way better, but discontinued now.

uwotm8?

That's like saying those remote control cars that - didn't come with remote controls - the electric ones you just turned on and they just spun the wheels until they crashed - are better than actual remote control cars. f**k you very much.

Seems odd to do something so simple with an electric motor and crappy Chinese products charged at a premium. I was thinking of having it early in the system and be more of a bypass valve, not like a muffler that blocks flow when closed