SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Hey accountant type people...

At work we're currently on MYOB Premium v19.10 (Old desktop version) running on a Terminal Server with 5 users and 5 company files... Been holding off on moving to the cloud since hardly anything cloud based seems to be able to handle a business of our size/complexity/inter company accounts/multi-currency/etc

We're looking at moving our company files into MYOB Advanced Plus which is effectively (as far as I can tell) a cloud version of EXO and looks to have all the features we're after... but after speaking with MYOB they're quoting an estimated 150 hours to import our company files at the cost of $20,000 and then $139/user/month.... They've generously offered us a payment plan of nearly $2k/month over 12 months to spread the upfront cost out a bit...

Does this $20k this seem normal? How do they not have any tools to import from one of THEIR file types into another one of THEIR software offerings?

Are there any alternatives we should be looking at that allow for multiple currencies and multiple companies?

cheap daily rate

Zoo isn't going anywhere, seems pretty selfish of her to let you pass up tickets to anything to do something you can do any day of the week.

I'd be ending it

We spent last weekend doing my thing and I said would spend this sat with her...friend only has one spare ticket otherwise I'd be saying we're both going. I let her slide on this one, but the next I'm gonna have to go to...

But yeah it's still a shitty thing to have to pass up on it - I hope she realises this - if she happens to read these forums.

lol'd at forever alone invitation

Hope that was done on purpose / as a joke; if not really should have used another envelope

If she was a reasonable gf or just a decent human being in general she'd have no issues postponing 'her weekend' for you to accept the ticket

Fair point

I'm lucky in a lot of ways, so I guess these are the trade offs. If it costs me a box ticket once in a while, not too bad.

lol'd at forever alone invitation

Hope that was done on purpose / as a joke; if not really should have used another envelope

Nope his Mrs did the invites, thought I had a girlfriend til he informed her I'm forever alone.

Fair point

I'm lucky in a lot of ways, so I guess these are the trade offs. If it costs me a box ticket once in a while, not too bad.

Having a mrs should never cost you box...

• Like 1

I'll be sending my kid to the closest schools and that's it...plenty of shit kickers in good schools and plenty of bright kids in shit schools

Parenting at home > influence than parenting at school

Umm no you won't.

• Like 1

We spent last weekend doing my thing and I said would spend this sat with her...friend only has one spare ticket otherwise I'd be saying we're both going. I let her slide on this one, but the next I'm gonna have to go to...

But yeah it's still a shitty thing to have to pass up on it - I hope she realises this - if she happens to read these forums.

I think actually talking to me in person, rather than making a passive aggressive post like this on the forums would have been more mature, since there's more behind the scenes to this than you're saying about it, but anyway. Edited by L33SH

What's passive aggressive? Pretty sure I openly mentioned and directed it to you

Let's not turn this into an Adam Goodes saga

ok housing / finance ppl.

found a house interested in.

it's a house and land package with Dennis family homes.

then I see this:

http://www.dennisfamily.com.au/1500-down-offer

any idea what the catch is? things to look out for?

Catch us likely interest rate. Also the personal loan for balance of deposit is probably a high rate. These things usually are ok but best to source your own financing.

You can put all your money into this and just have a redraw facility on the loan so when you find what you want you can just take the cash out but in the interim reduce your interest substantially.

I know a guy who works for Dennis family if your keen pm me your details I'll get him in touch if he is still there.