SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

32 minutes ago, Birds said:

I have those feelings with my R too and it's  not even on the road yet. It seemed more fun as a <20k car that I would be able to track occasionally. Now it seems irresponsible to have so much money tied up in a 20+ year old car when I could sell and get something cheaper or newer. Maybe I'm just finally growing up...

...nah

For me, it's a dumb move by myself by buying Das R.

Lately, I've been flirting with the idea of giving up both R's for newer Euro or some cheap Commo with forced induction. 

R33 GTS-Ts going up in value...becoming less attractive as cheap track cars...
With my fresh paintjob and the above, a dilemma exists whether to go back to the track and have some fun at the risk of putting it into a tyre wall, or preserve it for future worth

Track it and have fun, yolo its still just a gtst. Its destiny is to be thrashed and enjoyed.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Count Grantleyish said:

Time for Megane RS? 

Good contender for a replacement! Problem is I love the uniqueness of Skylines these days. Call it attention whore, but Skylines turn heads these days even if it's because people remember them as hoon mobiles.

31 minutes ago, Birds said:

Good contender for a replacement! Problem is I love the uniqueness of Skylines these days. Call it attention whore, but Skylines turn heads these days even if it's because people remember them as hoon mobiles.

You're not wrong.

Only problem with Skylines these days, you can't leave it for 5 minutes without it getting destroyed one way or other these days. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Track it and have fun, yolo its still just a gtst. Its destiny is to be thrashed and enjoyed.

Car's been with me for 9 years now...fark where has that time gone. I have that thing where people have irrational attachment to cars. It's been with me through the best and worst times of my life :(

3 minutes ago, Count Grantleyish said:

You're not wrong.

Only problem with Skylines these days, you can't leave it for 5 minutes without it getting destroyed one way or other these days. 

Truth

haha that's when I got into track days proper...

finally having proper disposable income was awesome

past 2 years for building house have killed me, but that should be over in a couple of weeks wondering if I can have the car ready for November Motokana

more likly early next year as want to do a few things to it first.

Car's been with me for 9 years now...fark where has that time gone. I have that thing where people have irrational attachment to cars. It's been with me through the best and worst times of my life [emoji20]

Unattach yourself from the gtst and attach to the GTR. Got to enjoy one of them freely.

Just now, admS15 said:

Unattach yourself from the gtst and attach to the GTR. Got to enjoy one of them freely.

Stupidly, I'd be less attached to the GTR. That GTS-T has seen some shit, man.

Which makes conceptual sense as the former would make a better track car. And a much more expensive write off :O

33 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Yep, this is how i justify my behaviour. Im almost pushing 40 but acting like im 25. Got to enjoy life and do the things you want to, within reason.

Fair enough.

Plus my interests are "wandering off" seeing I don't earn enough to have everything so for me, something's gotta give. 

I'm at 6,9 and 19 years with my cars..

I made the mistake of persisting with the mustang when I should have moved on to other projects...

once I have my shed however it will only be a quick 10-19 years further b4 I give up

oh well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Yep, this is how i justify my behaviour. Im almost pushing 40 but acting like im 25. Got to enjoy life and do the things you want to, within reason.

IMG_9854.thumb.JPG.a21084b1de0b633afa85f6c99d911507.JPG

• Like 1

Fair enough.
Plus my interests are "wandering off" seeing I don't earn enough to have everything so for me, something's gotta give. 

I hear you. The GTR is an appreciating asset though. You can hold onto it and occasionally drive when the bug bites and sell it for more later. That's a pretty unique situation to be in with a car. Maybe the das needs to be culled and replaced with a cheap runabout.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, emts said:

I'm at 6,9 and 19 years with my cars..

I made the mistake of persisting with the mustang when I should have moved on to other projects...

once I have my shed however it will only be a quick 10-19 years further b4 I give up

oh well.

My Calibra is you with your Mustang, but worse because it's worth f**king nothing and it's got thousands of dollars in it like a $1500 Quaife LSD that I can't use in anything else lol