SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Braided E85 fuel lines in
I think the standard 23 year old ones did well to last 5 years on the stuff, but when it starts dripping fuel on your garage floor and you notice elevated levels of euphoria whilst driving it's probably time to do things properly

5 years? That's decent run considering the amount of propaganda associated with e85 when it first came on market.
  • Like 1

Braided E85 fuel lines in
I think the standard 23 year old ones did well to last 5 years on the stuff, but when it starts dripping fuel on your garage floor and you notice elevated levels of euphoria whilst driving it's probably time to do things properly

5 years? That's decent run considering the amount of propaganda associated with e85 when it first came on market.

1 hour ago, Count Grantleyish said:

Yeah well, as you can see those claims were exaggerated and likely released by PR of the anti-ethanol vested interest parties...

Truth is most cars made in the 90s can handle it for many years and it's more the switching back and forth between E85 and unleaded that cracks them over time. Fuel lines should be replaced in a 20-25 year old car anyway.

Same goes for E85 compatible fuel pumps. My 040s die from use before E85 kills them.

Took the bike up to winton raceway the other day, definitely a fun and challenging track on the bike.

The big left hand sweeper requires big testicles. Not sure what times we were doing as no timing on the day.

Heard NT is quite popular for Americans wanting to shoot things you can't shoot in America.
Maybe there's money to be made exporting aboriginals to america

They already have heaps of black people to shoot at and seem to do it regularly, are you sure they need aboriginals to shoot at too. I mean too much choice isn't going to make things easier.

I once chatted to a guy who worked on a commercial hunting ground (or whatever they are in NT). They burn a patch of plains a few days/weeks before a tour arrives, so that the fresh grass attracts the buffalo and makes them easier to find. "Hunting"

40 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Shooting targets and skeet is great fun. But you really want a variety of guns. I don't know how the old codgers do it every week with the same rifle

I represented Melb uni in target shooting back when I was there so it's def not old codgers,

won a few trophies and really enjoyed it.

now I have more spare time hoping to get back into it.

I've only been shooting once (those unarmed, stationary paper targets didn't stand a chance)
Would do again /10

I shot some paper targets and a couple of pesky airborne clay disks. The disks are much harder to hit than the paper.