SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

My old shifter burned in a fire, otherwise I'd have given you it

for $88

If your boot isn't sitting high enough, grab a metal hose clamp and throw it around the metal shaft so the boot doesn't slide down past it. (on the inside, so you can't see it)

10 minutes ago, Odium said:

If your boot isn't sitting high enough, grab a metal hose clamp and throw it around the metal shaft so the boot doesn't slide down past it. (on the inside, so you can't see it)

I used some black duct tape to do same.

I think I still have the carbon fiber nismo one at home somewhere.

You might as well have been grabbing a glowing red exhaust manifold in the middle of summer as they both removed a similar amount of skin and resulted in the same burns.

• Like 1

Did it a couple of times but I only lasted 4 months in the city before moving jobs, f**k that. 

Too many dickheads in cars don't see ya, and took a fair bit of time to get my gear on / off / bike out the shed etc. Didn't make it worth it so got the train. 

I got a mate that lives like 10km out of the city and has a really powerful E-bike thing, gets him to work and home really quick and can use bike tracks, plugs it on charge nightly and bobs your auntie. 

Good idea thanks.

I'm 7km from city and was thinking how else to commute. $140/month Myki for a short trip isn't great value, neither is parking in city.

Or maybe I join the vwl bandwagon and get a motorbike [emoji55]

140 a month would be a prepaid 30 day wouldn't it? So you can use it how ever many times you want? But if you were to just top it up to the same amount and make use of it only on work days solely in zone 1 you would save money I would have thought? Unless you live in zone 2?

$7 a day buying the monthly top up would still be half of what parking must cost at a minimum?

11 hours ago, HEKT1K said:

I had that nismo one

was good until the coating came off, exposing ugly reddy coloured metal underneath 

How unusual...maybe something scratched it and started a peel? I can't think how mine would ever do that even with the deathgrip of your average reddit user. Could it have been a copy?